The Canadian Association of Marketing Professionals (CAMP), held its inaugural awards night October 27 at the Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex in Toronto. Thirty three finalists in ten separate categories competed and included creative/advertising agencies, inhouse marketing teams, entrepreneurs, ‘solopreneurs’ and others. Maliaka Bryce, a 14-year PR veteran, actress, comedian and producer, was Master of Ceremonies and kept attendees laughing and clapping with her wit, charm and boundless energy. Dinner was sumptuous and the mood was upbeat from beginning to end. Congratulations to CAMP founders Nadine Evans and Luigi Presta for putting on an outstanding event. Here are the winners.
1. Brand Award. For excellence in developing, launching, and/or evolving a brand. Winner: Revolution (For CIBC Run For The Cure). Project lead: Chris Burke.
2. Digital Award. For effective use of marketing in all categories of digital. Winner: Vibrant Marketing (For hydraSense). Project lead: Carlos Ponce.
3. Experiential Award. For excellence in experiential marketing. Winner: SongBird Marketing Communications (For PremiumNearBeer.com). Project lead: Candice Huntly.
4. Integration Award. For excellence in the use and integration of all marketing categories, digital to traditional. Winner: Proximity Canada (For Shomi Digital).
5. Traditional Marketing Channels Award. For excellence in traditional forms of marketing. Winner: UM (For ShockTop Craft Beer). Project lead: Katherine Fera.
6. Marketer of the Year Award. For outstanding collective work in 2015. Winner: Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment.
7. Marketer of the Year Award – Small to Mid-Size Enterprises. Winner: Rangle.io. Project lead: Amanda Connon-Unda.
8. Marketer of the Year Award – Entrepreneur. Winner: Green Lotus. Project lead: Bassem Ghali.
9. Marketer of the Year Award – Not for Profit/Government. Winner: Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation. Project lead: Laura Syron.
10. Student Award. Winner: Lighthouse Group (Humber College Students). Project lead: Richard Le.
CAMP also staged a People’s Choice Award where anyone could vote for the 33 finalists. The eventual winner was agency UM. For more information, visit
http://canadianmarketer.ca/camp-marketing-awards-list-of-finalists/. Special thanks to Paul Spatafora of Capture It Photography for providing some of the photos below.
Part of the crowd at the premiere of the CAMP Awards at the Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex in Toronto last month.
Master of Ceremonies, actress, comedian and 14-year Public Relations veteran Maliaka Bryce kept a smile on everyone’s face.
Reps from Treefrog, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Newmarket, Ontario, enjoyed the evening.
UM (Universal McCann) won in the Traditional Marketing Channels category and also won The People’s Choice Award.