Adobe has unveiled major innovations in Adobe Document Cloud “delivering intuitive experiences that help people get work done from anywhere.” Document Cloud lets users work across its integrated cloud services, mobile and desktop apps. Leading the new Cloud capbilities are innovations in Adobe Sign, setting a new bar for ease of use and mobility, and Adobe Scan, a new free app that delivers a modern document experience “turning your mobile device into an intelligent scanning and text-recognition tool,” said Adobe. “Documents are the lifeblood of society, communicating information that spans contracts, textbooks, financial statements and everything in between,” said Abhay Parasnis, Chief Technology Officer at Adobe. “The challenge is unlocking the intelligence that lives in those documents, and extracting meaning that can be searched, analyzed and incorporated into digital workflows. Adobe Scan, powered by Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services, represents a critical step toward our broader innovation imperative for Adobe Document Cloud.”
Adobe Scan powered by Adobe Sensei
The technology turns a mobile phone or tablet into a scanning tool that automatically recognizes text. Users can capture images quickly and transform them into “brilliantly clear” Adobe PDFs. Available on iOS and Android, Adobe Scan can:
- Scan anything into high-quality PDFs with your mobile device. Automatically capture a shopping receipt, paper document, business card or whiteboard, or choose an image from your camera roll and Adobe Scan will do the rest. Powered by Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services, Adobe Scan automates boundary detection, auto-crop and capture, perspective correction and auto-clean, removing shadows and making text crisp and clear.
- Capture scanned text with free automatic character recognition (OCR). Snap a picture of any document or anything with printed text and Adobe Scan will automatically convert it into digital text that can be selected, copied or annotated with Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC. The content then becomes searchable and reusable in a secure and reliable Adobe PDF.
- Do more with scans. Use the free Adobe Scan app and a free Adobe Document Cloud account to automatically upload, store, share and access your scanned files online. Subscribers to Acrobat DC can also edit and organize documents, collect signatures and much more. Scan on your phone and upload to Document Cloud to edit on your laptop, then continue working with the document on your tablet. And take advantage of new mobile functionality in Adobe Sign to automatically sign and send documents from any device.
“Adobe Scan represents a radical re-imagination of how to capture your most important document content,” said Bryan Lamkin, Executive VP and GM of Digital Media at Adobe. “Adobe invented PDF creation for PCs, and with Adobe Scan we’re doing the same for a mobile-first world. As part of Adobe Document Cloud, new apps like Adobe Scan integrate with services in Adobe Sign and Acrobat DC – offering a modern document experience with unprecedented value to our customers.”
Adobe Sign makes it easy to automate every task in a document workflow – from e-signatures and approvals to filling out forms and certified document delivery. It also delivers cost savings via significant productivity gains. A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Adobe found that companies experienced an ROI of 383% when using Adobe Sign, including a significantly reduced environmental impact. Adobe Sign capabilities include:
- Cloud-based digital signatures. Previously offered as a customer preview, Adobe Sign now delivers the world’s first cloud-based digital signatures based on an open standard. Digital signatures, the most advanced and secure type of electronic signatures, are now available in any browser or on any mobile device.
- Cross-device signature capture. Easily capture a handwritten signature electronically, even when your computer isn’t touch-enabled. Send a text message to your mobile device, sign with your finger or a stylus, then finish the job back on your desktop. One tap adds it to your document automatically.
- Customizable email templates. Extend your brand and personalize customer interactions with fully-customizable email templates for requesting and confirming signatures. Give your marketing department full control to use your logo, banner images, custom messages and other visual treatments to create an experience that’s unique to your brand.
- Business stamps. Improve compliance by letting participants add a visible business stamp to your document or form, such as a ‘received’ image or a company seal, or a personal identifier such as a Hanko stamp in Japan.
- Integration with ServiceNow. Accelerates onboarding and improves customer service by adding Adobe Sign to your ServiceNow workflows. Send contracts, agreements, and new hire forms directly from ServiceNow.