Challenge Machinery Company’s third-generation CMT 130TC On-Demand Book Trimmer is a fully automated three-side book trimmer finishing solution for on-demand and short-run digitally printed perfect-bound books. The company’s top-selling trimmer line has been upgraded with these new features:
- 10-inch colour touchscreen display is a clear and easy-to-read interface that provides a simple and intuitive control screen.
- Integrated inline and near-line feeding systems is an “industry exclusive” feature. With the proper configuration of feeding components, the CMT 130TC is capable of automatically switching, as needed, between feeding books directly from an inline perfect binder or from a manually loaded near-line book pile feeder system. If one system is waiting for its next book, the other system can feed the trimmer to maximize production throughput.
- Integrated bar code reading system’s 1D/2D barcode reader enables true, fully-automated book-of-one production.
- Precision knife depth control assures consistent and complete control of knife stroke depth and reduces wear to cut sticks and the need for continued knife adjustments.
- Automatic detection of book block size means that only three dimensions are required for job programming.
- Live graphical display of each book as it travels through the system.
- CE, UL and cUL approved.