MacSales.com, a leading U.S.-based zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, has announced the availability of the new OWC 2.0TB Aura Pro Solid State Drive for the mid-2012 to early 2013 Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display. One of the fastest internal SSDs available on the market, the Aura Pro SSD is also compatible with 2010-2012 MacBook Air models. The upgrade frees up and boosts capacity on the internal hard drive – at over five years of MacBook Pro ownership. The Aura Pro drive is also available as a kit with an Envoy Pro enclosure to immediately reuse an Apple internal hard drive, thus creating a new external USB 3.1 Gen1 portable drive. “A hard-drive upgrade mid-life is a great way to create storage space for files, apps and software upgrades,” said the company. “Higher-capacity SSDs often bring faster transfer rates, so user data is readily accessible. OWC is providing Mac users with the upgrade solution delivering performance, functionality and reliability.” When originally introduced, the MacBook Pro with Retina Display base model offered a 256GB SSD configuration without an upgrade option. Current base models start at 128GB to 256GB. The OWC Aura Pro gives users the freedom to upgrade capacity to meet their storage needs.
The Aura Pro SSD offers a wide range of industry-leading controller technologies for performance and reliability including:
- Global wear leveling algorithm automatically distributes data evenly and manages program/erase count, maximizing SSD lifespan.
- StaticDataRefresh technology manages free space, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time, enhancing data integrity.
- Hardware BCH ECC corrects errors up to 66-bit/1KB for superior data retention and drive health.
- Best-in-class power consumption.
- Advanced security protocols support AES 128/256-bit full-drive encryption.