Mutoh America, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers, has launched its new 64-inch dye sublimation printer, the XpertJet 1682WR. The latest additions to Mutoh’s award-winning line of wide-format printers, paired with Mutoh’s new DH21 Dye Sublimation Ink, “provides improved usability and reduces operational workload which will ensure high-quality prints, high production output and user-friendly operation,” said the OEM. Mutoh’s standard staggered dual-head design provides exceptional print quality and high speeds. The XpertJet 1682WR is available in both 4-colour (CMYK) and 7-colour (CMYK, Lc,Lm,Lk,) ink configurations utilizing DH21. The XpertJet platform includes new features specifically designed to enhance the user’s experience, workflow and output quality. Features have also been added to improve transport and printing of thinner papers. The XpertJet ideal for those looking to output various types of dye-sublimation projects – including textiles, hard surfaces, personalization products, signage and much more.
Some of the new features include:
- Sleek, black modern design with easy maintenance access.
• New Automatic Bi-Directional alignment with built-in sensor saves time by automatically calibrating printer alignments, increasing ease of use.
• New user-friendly touch panel which only displays keys necessary for desired functions.
• New Internal LED lighting illuminates work area to easily monitor print status.
• New LED warning indicators for each ink cartridge slot show remaining ink levels.
• Mutoh Status Monitor (MSM) checks the printer’s operation status in real time while MSM mobile provides monitoring with a smartphone or tablet.
• New Media Feed Flange Design allows operators to easily and quickly load media and exchange multiple rolls when the flanges have been mounted in advance.
• New Hi-Torque Media Flange option is ideal for thin and lightweight papers.
• New Pressure Roller System allows operators to manually select and engage individual pressure rollers to minimize cockling.
“We are happy to announce and introduce our latest evolution of dye-sublimation printers, the XPJ-1682WR produced by Mutoh in Japan,” said Randy Anderson, Product Manager for Mutoh, America. “We’ve kept the core components that makes Mutoh dye-sub printers strong and reliable, while adding new technologies that make the printer easier to use.”