The enhancement packages increase the value and improve the return on investment of an HP Indigo press for existing and prospective customers by allowing them to produce more pages with less effort each month. In addition, HP also is introducing new versions of workflow products and new partner solutions to offer higher productivity at a lower total cost.
“PSPs are constantly looking to improve efficiencies and add new capabilities to remain competitive in the marketplace,” said Alon Bar-Shany, VP and GM, Indigo Division, HP. “HP continues to invest in its current product capabilities, enhancing the HP Indigo 7600 and 5600 platforms with new features that touch all aspects of the print shop to improve productivity.”
The new features, says HP, can improve overall press performance and increase uptime by as much as 10%. They include:
• HP Indigo Print Care 2.0, a comprehensive toolset that offers on-press diagnostic and remote support tools. The new version saves users time with a subsystem view that consolidates all tests, diagnostics, troubleshooting and external tools. A scan-and-send capability enables easy sharing of images with remote support. The new Automatic Alert Agent helps press operators quickly resolve print quality issues, minimizing costs associated with reprints and labour.
• A new set of consumables, including a new charge roller that offers five times the lifespan of the current version, new photo imaging plate (PIP) and PIP underlayer for improved ease and time of installation.
• Updates to workflow solutions help PSPs process up to 30% more jobs with fewer resources. A new version of the HP SmartStream Production Pro Print Server features a faster raster image processor (RIP) engine and unique scalable architecture to shorten job processing. A new browser-based user interface simplifies the operation of the multi-user system, job streaming and batching capabilities improve productivity, and integrated FOGRA and GRACoL profiles enable fast and accurate colour matching.
A key benefit of the new server is Direct2Finish, a platform for automated and simplified near-line finishing operation. Available as an option for customers using HP SmartStream Production Pro Print Server, Direct2Finish enables automatic submission of accurate job definition format (JDF) instructions to leading finishing devices, reducing make-ready and turnaround time as well as reducing the chances of waste and human error.
Additionally, new inline finishing options are available from HP SmartStream partners, including:
• Duplo Ultra 300Ai UV Coater, which adds value to HP Indigo prints by applying high-quality gloss, satin or matte coating on a wide variety of applications.
• C.P. Bourg Booklet Maker ExPress for producing read-to-ship booklets. It’s comprised of the Bourg BM-e Booklet Maker and Bourg BCM-e Bleed Crease Module.
The enhancement package also expands application versatility with a new red-fluorescing invisible ink, HP Indigo ElectroInk UV Red, which is valuable for tracking and anti-counterfeiting applications. In addition, the HP Indigo 7600 is now integrated with a new version of HP SmartStream Production Center, a production management system that addresses the challenges of high-volume, short-run digital printing by providing visibility and control of the entire production floor. The new version enhances production visibility and management information system (MIS) monitoring accuracy as well as production flexibility.
The enhancement package is expected to ship in October.