Aleyant, a leader in providing software services to the graphic communications industry, is celebrating its 10th anniversary, having been founded in April of 2005. The company, formerly known as Aleyant Systems, is honouring its first decade in business with the launch of a fresh, modern logo – and a forward-looking strategy that continues to make printing companies around the world successful with cloud-based services.
“Ten years has gone by quickly,” said Greg Salzman, President of Aleyant (pictured previously). “When I founded the company a decade ago, I simply wanted to address what I saw as a gap in the marketplace and offer new opportunities for printing companies with the emergence of cloud-based computing. It’s gratifying to have that path validated, and I extend my warm personal thanks to the Aleyant team and all of our wonderful customers for helping me make this vision a reality.”
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, Aleyant will make a number of promotions available throughout the balance of the year, primarily through its social media channels – including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. The company’s new branding and logo reflect a clean, simple and sophisticated design that honours its roots in sheetfed printing, but also gives recognition to the industry’s digital transformation. The company will be launching an updated Aleyant.com website later this year as part of the rebranding. Over the past decade, Aleyant has achieved a number of milestones that include:
- 2005 – Company founded. Launched PrinterOrder, later rebranded as its flagship Aleyant Pressero Web-to-Print software. Pressero included Aleyant eDocBuilder web-based variable-data publishing, personalization and online design system.
- 2007 – Released eDocBuilder as a standalone product for integration into other e-commerce web-to-print storefronts and portals. eDocBuilder is now integrated into multiple MIS and web-to-print systems.
- 2009 – Released eDocBuilder Interactive Designer as a Flash application aimed at the B2C online design market, that allowed users to change fonts, font sizes, alignment, layering, font colours, move and rotate text and images within a template and see an instant proof.
- 2011 – Updated eDocBuilder Interactive Designer with HTML5 and responsive design to address the growing tablet market, especially the iPad and later, smartphones.
- 2012 – Released Automated Workflow Integrator (AWI) connecting online orders to the prepress and production workflow.
- 2013 – Opened Southeast Asia office in India.
- 2014 – Incorporated responsive design, mobile-friendly site options into Pressero.
- 2014 – Opened European office in Spain.
- 2014 – Acquired stake in Tucanna, a colour management, preflighting and online approval software provider.
- 2014 – Established official partnerships with Fujifilm North America Graphic Systems Division and HP Inc. Printing Division.
- 2015 – Aleyant’s team expands to 30.