They were expecting about 15 to 25 to attend, but Toronto-based 3D printing studio Objex Unlimited had to make room for over 35 attendees Thursday, May 7 from 10 am to 1 pm at the Mississauga Grand Banquet and Convention Center. Fascinating presentations explored how its 3D printing solutions can help printers “manufacture the future now” and accelerate design-to-manufacturing workflow. From initial concept design to final manufacturing, 3D printing spans the entire creation process and all steps in between – and the seminar revealed how 3D printing can add value to a printing business.
- Communication models for quick, conceptual and vibrant colour designs to convey design intent.
- Functional prototypes to test ideas and improve product quality.
- Pre-production tooling and parts to quickly get to market.
- Production parts that are lighter weight, higher performing, simpler to produce and more reliable.
- Mass customization for healthcare and personalized solutions.
Organizers are planning a second similar event – and we’ll keep you informed as soon as that information is released.