Ryerson University and Think2Thing (a cutting-edge 3D printing workshop and studio focused on innovation and R&D in 3D printing technologies and co-founder of Ryerson’s Advanced Manufacturing, Design and 3D Printing Lab) are co-hosting the inaugural Be3Dimensional Conference in downtown Toronto October 23 – 24. Toronto’s 3D technology community is growing rapidly and transcends multiple sectors – from art and heritage to automotive and medical. Nearly 1,000 people are expected to attend the two-day event, which will serve as a hub for the world’s leading experts in 3D to debate and discuss innovations in utilization and research related to 3D technology. A museum-quality exhibit of fascinating 3D creations will also be curated and can be viewed during the event.
The Be3Dimensional Conference begins on Friday, October 23 at Ryerson with academic sessions delving into topics such as 3D digital storytelling and ethics. Researchers will discuss the societal impacts of 3D technologies now and in the future. Admission to this event is free and open to the public.
On Saturday, October 24, the conference and exhibit moves to the Winter Garden Theatre. Nora Young, host and the creator of Spark, CBC’s national radio show and podcast about technology and culture, will host the main conference.
Leading experts from around the world will speak to the disruptive impacts 3D printing technologies are currently having on design and product development, and will highlight the importance of understanding how to apply these technologies in various industries.
These include industrial design, architecture, advanced manufacturing, fashion, medical technology and the arts. Tickets, including special students rates, are available at www.Be3Dimensional.com.
Times and locations:
- Be3Dimensional Academic Sessions, Friday, October 23, 8 am to 4:30 pm, Sears Atrium, George Vari Engineering Building, Ryerson University, 242 Church Street, Toronto.
- Be3Dimensional Main Conference, Saturday, October 24, 8 am to 5:30 pm (closing reception until 8 p.m.), The Winter Garden Theatre, 189 Yonge Street, Toronto.
- The VIP Welcome Reception is on Friday, October 23 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Speakers from around the globe will be participating in this premiere event and conference.
Some of these experts will include:
- Adam Lowe, Factum Arte (Spain)
- Brigitte Shim, Shim-Sutcliffe Architects
- David Didur, Co-Founder & Design Director, Think2Thing
- Edward Burtynsky, Award-winning Photographer, Co-Founder & Director, Think2Thing
- Marc Mayer, National Gallery of Canada
- Nora Young, Host and Creator of CBC Radio’s Spark
- Paul Roth, Ryerson Image Centre
- Ross Lovegrove, Designer (United Kingdom)
- Tatjana Dzambazova, Autodesk (United States)
- Tom Wujec, Autodesk
- Wendy Cukier, Vice President, Research and Innovation, Ryerson University