Company leaders representing every segment of the graphic communications industry in North America will provide new direction for Epicomm, the Association for Leaders in Print, Mail, Fulfillment and Marketing Services, as newly selected members of Epicomm’s 2016 Board of Trustees.
The lone Canadian member is Warren Werbitt, President and Chief Executive Officer of Pazazz Printing based in Montreal. In business since 1992, Pazazz is a one-stop-shop for Cross-Media Integrated (CMI) marketing solutions. The company specializes in offset printing up to 56 inches, digital printing, labels, packaging and wide format.
Pazazz is also a certified G7 Master Printer, FSC, PEFC and SFI-certified and promotes the use of UV inks that are VOC-free. Pazazz’s viral videos, Printing’s Alive & Printing’s Alive 2, have been viewed by more than 250,000 people on YouTube and inducted into MarketingSherpa’s Viral Hall of Fame.
“We’re extremely grateful that these very busy executives are generously volunteering their time, energy and expertise to help us find new ways to serve our members with the very best business building programs, services and products during this time of rapid industry transformation,” said Epicomm President and CEO Ken Garner. “Although they comprise the most diverse board in our association’s history, they’re united in their desire to reach out to our members with enhanced and expanded initiatives that will help industry business leaders better meet the new challenges they face every day.”
The new board, which was installed at the Association’s Annual Meeting this fall, has already provided new impetus for programs such as The Epicomm Experience, the association’s annual conference in Savannah, Georgia, May 16-18, 2016. “Through several targeted board task forces focused on each segment of the industry, as well as companies with 25 or fewer employees, these exceptional volunteer leaders are giving their ideas and insights in support of business management outreach efforts – ranging from new regional meetings and an expanded educational webinar series to targeted leadership development programs for industry CEOs, young professionals and the next generation of company leaders,” Garner added. “The value they bring to our work is extraordinary. There could be no better way to develop the tools our members need than to have their peers – executives with frontline industry experience – guide our efforts.”
Tim Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Impact (Minneapolis MN), serves as Chairman of the Epicomm Board of Trustees. Tom Saggiomo, Chief Executive Officer, DG3 (Jersey City, NJ), is Vice Chairman, and Wayne Marshall, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Edwards, (Des Moines, IO) is Secretary/Treasurer. Tom Duchene, President, TDMS (Huntington, CA), currently serves as Immediate Past President. Here are the current members of the Epicomm Board for 2016:
- Warren Werbitt, President and Chief Executive Officer, Pazazz Printing (Montreal, Quebec)
- Charles Buchanan, Strategic Accounts-Sales and Marketing, Summit Fulfillment Mail (Dallas, Texas)
- John Cockrell, President, Cockrell Enovation (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Brian Dollard, Director of Marketing, Canon USA (Long Island City, New York)
- Joe Duncan, Senior Vice President, Group Executive Producer, Retail Production, Leo Burnett, USA (Chicago, Illinois)
- Andrew Field, Chief Executive Officer, PrintingForLess.com (Livingston, Montana)
- Summer Gould, President, Eye/Comm, Inc. (Santee, California)
- Hampton Hale, Director, BIS Program Development, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, Inc. (Marietta, Georgia)
- Timothy Kennon, President, McVicker & Higginbotham (Long Island City, New York)
- Ken Orr, General Manager-Lansing, Pii–Lansing (Lansing, Michigan)
- Steve Portrude, President, Harwill-Express Press (East Windsor, New Jersey)
- Wesley Powell, President, TMR Direct (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
- James Schultz, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, Great Lakes Integrated (Cleveland, Ohio)
Epicomm is a not-for-profit business management association representing companies in the $80+ billion graphic communications industry in North America. It provides industry advocacy, management training, and a comprehensive slate of business-building solutions for companies in an evolving market environment. It was created in 2014 through the merger of the Association of Marketing Service Providers (AMSP) and the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL)/National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP). Its founding associations have over 200 years of combined experience serving graphic communications companies of every size and specialty. Epicomm is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia.