Delivering “vibrant colour and high opacity for outstanding backlit and other signage,” Mimaki’s new 3.2-metre (10.59-ft.) roll-to-roll wide-format inkjet printer uses UV-curable ink, cured with a low-energy LED light array. This results in sign and display graphics that exit the printer dry immediately ready for further processing, significantly reducing production cycle times. In addition, UV-curable inks emit no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), minimizing its environmental footprint.
“Large indoor signs backlit with energy-efficient LED lights are growing in popularity in locations such as airports, train stations and commercial facilities as brand owners move to more environmentally sustainable advertising,” said Mike Horsten, General Manager of Marketing for Mimaki EMEA. “The new UJV55-320 is ideal for these applications, and we’re very excited to bring it to market. Users will be especially pleased with the image opacity and broad colour gamut this outstanding printer delivers. And even better, we think it offers the best price and performance in its class, ensuring profitable operations,” he added.
The new printer delivers speeds of up to 110 m2/h and print resolutions of up to 1200 dpi, depending on the substrates. The UJV55-320 also features:
- Cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white, light cyan and light magenta inks that can be configured in a 4-colour mode or 6-colour set plus white. Light cyan and light magenta inks reduce grainy appearance in light colours and ensure smooth gradations.
- White ink that allows printing “high quality, vibrant results” on transparent and coloured media. The three-layer, colour-white-colour printing is especially suitable for applications such as window graphics and backlit signs. It enables “beautiful” colour reproduction for backlit signs during day and night. White-only printing is also an option for a stylish look or use on dark substrates. Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) also maintains white ink print quality and reduces ink waste.
- Built-in LED lights make it more efficient for operators to check printing quality of backlit signage during the production run, simulating their installed look and reducing waste and rework.
- Automatic detection of nozzle faults and cleaning and/or nozzle substitution for high-quality, uninterrupted printing.
- Twin-roll capability, enabling printing on two separate rolls of the same media for simultaneous printing of two different jobs. Media rolls in twin-roll operation can range from 210 to 1,524 mm in width, with the distance between the two rolls being automatically detected for faultless performance.
- RasterLink 6 software with a patented dithering technique and Mimaki Advanced Pass System (MAPS) for higher quality and reduced banding, even at high print speeds and during longer print runs.