The 41st Annual Toronto Club of Printing House Craftsmen (IAPHC) Superb Printing Awards Dinner was celebrated April 6 at the Duncan House of Fine Dining in Toronto. The awards were for work completed in 2015. The Chai Tse Awards were presented to students in graphic arts and communications educational programs in the GTA, followed by the IAPHC Gallery of Superb Printing winners. The students were chosen from the Graphic Challenge Competitive contest. The Toronto Club of Printing House Craftsmen also donated $1,000 to Toronto’s Ryerson University RyeTAGA (Ryerson Technical Association of the Graphic Arts) Student Chapter. Special congratulations go out to IAPHC President Bill Kidd for all his dedication and hard work in organizing this successful event, as well as sponsors Heidelberg Canada and Taniguchi Ink (Canada).
Here are this year’s winners:
Toronto Gallery of Excellence Awards Winners
(Canadian Sponsored Awards for Exceptional Reproduction)
- Best of the Show 2015: Heidelberg Canada’s Babar Khan Modern Icon Book. Printer: C.J. Graphics.
- Best Use of Ink 2015: Welcome to The World Of Mercedes-Benz. Printer: C.J. Graphics.
- The Toronto Club of Printing House Craftsmen Best Use of Bindery 2015: 1964 Man and Machine Book in a Case. Printer Colour Innovations Inc.
Toronto Gallery of Super Printing Awards Winners
• C.J. Graphics: 14 Gold, 10 Silver,12 Bronze, 2 Honourable Mentions
• Colour Innovations: 2 Gold , 1 Silver, 1 Bronze, 1 Honourable Mention
• Polytainers: 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
• The AIIM Group: 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze
• Wellington Printworks: 1 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
• Webcom: 1 Silver
Toronto Craftsmen Student Chai Tse Awards
• Olga Filimonova: Centennial College The Centre for Creative Communication
• Minh Le: Central Technical Secondary School
• Zelie Berube: George Brown College School of Design
• Paige Einboden: Georgian College Design and Visual Arts
• Jamie Bursey: Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School
• Will Cuthbert: Humber College Advertising & Graphic Design
• Diondra Filicetti: Ryerson University School of Graphic Management
• Emily Ha: Seneca College School of Creative Arts and Animation|
Graphic Challenge Awards
• Olga Filimonova: Centennial College, The Centre for Creative Communication
• Will Cuthbert: Humber College Advertising & Graphic Design (Runner-up)
• Raize Kira: Central Technical Secondary School
• Hossam Ibrahim: Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School (Runner-up)
IAPHC also donated $1,000 to Toronto’s Ryerson University RyeTAGA (Ryerson Technical Association of the Graphic Arts) Student Chapter (above). Graphic Arts Magazine would like to congratulate all the winners for their outstanding achievements.