The Gutenberg Gala held last month at the Montreal Science Centre celebrated the best of the printing industry in Quebec. The 34th annual event attracted over 310 to honour the talent, creativity and knowledge of the province’s print professionals.
“I’m happy to see that numerous companies answered the call,” says Louise Kralka, V.P. of Sales and Marketing for PDI and President of the 2016 Gutenberg Gala. “Furthermore, a dozen new players participated in the contest. The Gutenberg pushes everyone’s limits, no matter the size of the companies. The Committee had the support of numerous partners, including Veritiv, Domtar, ESKO, Fujifilm, Kodak, Rolland, and Xerox, as well as many other industry players.”
The participants were welcomed in a spectacular way. A flight of paper butterflies was created to showcase all the areas of the industry – including large-format, cutting, lamination, display, labels, packaging, fine paper, cardboard and so on. “More the 22 companies participated in making the products that embellished this night,” said Hélène Pageau of ICI, and a member of the hard-working Organizing Committee. The products from the flexible packaging and flexo industries took centre stage this year, while the display category’s number of products increased once again. For more information please visit http://www.galagutenberg.ca/index.htm.
During this glittering evening, 18 trophies were awarded to the proud winners. Again this year, the Gutenberg Coup de Coeur was awarded. The winner was Supremex for its project Osez l’effet lifting for Yves Rocher. Here are this year’s winners. We congratulate them on their outstanding efforts.
• Display category Innovation Challenge. The winner is Solution Provider PDI – Integrated Printing Solutions.
• Customer Marketing Innovation Challenge. The winner is 2016 Calendar – L’Empreinte.
• Marketing Innovation Challenge. Category Autopromotion. The winner is Promotional Box Maerix – Graphiscan Montreal.
• Innovation Challenge Edition. The winner is Nord Info – TC Transcontinental Transmag.
• Innovation Challenge Lables. The winner is, Apidra – Imprimerie Ste-Julie
• Packaging Innovation Challenge. The winner is Champagne Bottle Pop box, Evenko’s 5th anniversary – TC Transcontinental Ross Ellis.
• Flexible Packaging Innovation Challenge. The winner is Pro-Mix – Propals Industry.
• Finishing Innovation Challenge. The winner is Je reviens chez nous – Stylex 3D.
• Technique Challenge Display. The winner is Inukjuak Airport – MP Repro.
• Technique Challenge Marketing Autopromotion. The winner is Fou? – Paragraph.
• Technique Challenge Marketing Client. The winner is M0851 Fall Catalogue – L’Empreinte.
• Challenge Edition Technique Newspapers. The winner is Coupons! – TC Transcontinental Transmag.
• Technique Challenge Edition Book. The winner is Programme Souvenir Kurios – PDI Integrated Printing Solutions.
• Challenge Edition Magazine Technical. The winner is Empire of Senses – Marquis Imprimeur.
• Challenge Finishing Technique. The winner is Foil selector Kurz – Gravure Choquet.
• Technique Challenge Label. The winner is Mission Hill – MCC Collotype Montreal.
• Technique Challenge Packaging. Thewinner is Wild Mountain Blueberry – WestRock.
• Technique Challenge Flexible Packaging. The winner is Mousseux 40th anniversary – Imprimerie Ste-Julie.