Techweek, a travelling technology expo for entrepreneurs, tech visionaries and thought leaders to meet and “enable the innovation ecosystem in cities across the globe” is celebrating its fifth anniversary by expanding into Toronto. Founded in Chicago in 2011, the seven-day conference will also visit seven American cities, including New York and Los Angeles. While Techweek hasn’t confirmed a venue yet, the event is currently slated for the week of July 25 to July 31 in Toronto. In total, the eight cities they will travel to this year should attract over 40,000 attendees. The technology festival will be expanding to two new cities, Toronto, Ontario and Dallas, Texas.
Techweek Toronto will feature three key interactions within the tech community – idea sharing, business formation and engaging leaders. Idea sharing will feature engaging forums to share new ideas and best practices, identify disruptive trends and reveal fascinating innovation stories. Business formation seminars and presentations will explore structures and programs that encourage, support and showcase the birth of new businesses. Engaging leaders will bringing together key entrepreneurial leaders that will facilitate creative discussions.
In all, there are five ways to get involved.
- Festival events that engage the tech and entrepreneurial communities.
- World-class speakers tackling the latest topics and disruptive trends
- Spirited start-up competitions.
- VIP invitation-only gatherings of tech creators, innovators, leaders and influencers.
- Numerous awards recognizing individuals and companies for their leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
For more information and to participate, please visit http://techweek.com/Toronto/.