Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America has launched the next generation of its cast films, MPI 1105 Supercast films, and a new family of cast overlaminates. The new MPI 1105 is an ultra-conformable supercast film that merges premium PVC facestock with a long-term removable (LTR) adhesive. The combination, said Avery, delivers reliable and superior print quality and instant adaptability to a broad range of applications – from car wraps to outdoor graphics. Avery Dennison has optimized its Digital Overlaminate (DOL) portfolio to perform with the upgraded print media, including the company’s new MPI 1105 Supercast films with the new DOL 1000Z series, DOL 1300Z series or DOL 1460Z “for superior durability.” The MPI 1105 films are also compatible with existing DOL 6460 and DOL 6040 overlaminates. MPI 1105 is available with Easy Apply RS, Easy Apply and Gloss Opaque LTR technologies to provide quick and easy application and long-term removability. Easy Apply air egress technology helps eliminate wrinkles and bubbles while Easy Apply RS provides repositionability and slideability, allowing the film to be moved easily before pressure is applied.
“MPI 1105 provides print consistency while maintaining superior conformability,” said Bill Podojil, Senior Business Director, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “The film’s print technology improves reliability in all applications and across all leading printing platforms including latex, UV, EcoSol and solvents. As ink and print technologies continue to evolve, we’re keeping pace to advance and to improve our vinyl to meet these changes.”
Key features of the Avery Dennison MPI 1105 Supercast film include:
- Stable print performance throughout shelf life across all print platforms.
- Highly conformable film suitable for complex curves, rivets and corrugations.
- High gloss with a sheet whiteness that delivers greater depth of colour and improved ink efficiency.
- High durability for the most demanding outdoor applications.
- Long-term removability with a digital overlaminate, liquid clear coat or raw film.
- Quick and easy installation with Easy Apply RS and Easy Apply liner technology for air egress and slideability.
- ICS Performance Guarantee available.