Quark Software has announced the availability of new QuarkXPress 2016 online training from Lynda.com. QuarkXPress 2016 is the newest version of QuarkXPress, one of the original page layout applications for creative professionals. In the new five-hour, 44-minute video training series, expert Mike Rankin teaches the essential QuarkXPress skills needed to create professional publishing projects, both print and digital. The series features training on the QuarkXPress interface and preferences, and the basics of working with documents, master pages, layers and items (the design elements of a QuarkXPress layout). Rankin also covers how to import text, format it, and control alignment, as well as leading and spacing around paragraph and text boxes. There are sessions dedicated to tables, images and interactivity, as well as the output and publishing options in QuarkXPress, including EPUB and HTML5.
Training topics include:
- What is QuarkXPress?
- Setting preferences.
- Creating new documents and pages.
- Moving and merging layers in QuarkXPress.
- Using the Bezier Pen tool.
- Importing and editing text
- Applying fonts.
- Working with bullets and numbering.
- Using style sheets.
- Creating anchored text boxes.
- Formatting tables.
- Controlling colour and opacity.
- Adding hyperlinks, video and animation.
- Exporting QuarkXPress files.
You can visit Lynda.com for a preview and to sign up for QuarkXPress 2016 Essential Training.