GMG, a leading developer of high-end colour management and proofing solutions, has launched GMG ProofMedia studio OBA matte 150. This is GMG’s first matte-surface proofing media containing high Optical Brightening Agents (OBAs). It was developed for highly accurate proofing and the closest visual match of commonly used uncoated production papers. In the past, said GMG, it was problematic for designers, agencies, pre-press and print companies to deliver a visual match between proofs and prints – even with good colourimetric measurement – as matte-proofing media contains no or too little fluorescence. “This issue can be solved with GMG’s new high OBA contained matte 150 media,” the company said. “Featuring fluorescent levels comparable to popular production papers, proofs printed on GMG ProofMedia studio OBA matte 150 deliver good visual matches to final production. This includes the FOGRA52 printing condition. GMG studio OBA matte 150 also has a higher brightness level. As a result, OBA matte 150 provides a larger colour gamut in highlight areas compared to many other proofing media.”
Major features include:
- Surface and colour characteristics that make it possible to achieve a visual match between proofs and final prints for popular uncoated production papers.
- The FOGRA52 printing condition can be simulated “perfectly.”
- Paper tint of L 97; a 2,5; b -10 provides a larger colour gamut in highlight areas compared to most proof media.
- OBA matte 150 is recyclable.
- Available in 17, 24, 42 and 44-inch widths.