Kodak has announced significant enhancements across its Unified Workflow Solutions (UWS) portfolio including the new Prinergy Workflow 8. “With integrated offset and digital workflow, expanded proofing capabilities and improved workflow automation, Kodak customers will now be able to further reduce material costs and increase productivity while improving quality and better leveraging digital equipment,” said the company. Prinergy Workflow 8, Kodak’s flagship workflow product, now offers a single workflow for both offset and digital printing to maximize efficiency and productivity with reduced turnaround times. In addition, it includes the new Universal Digital Job Ticket Editor, the industry’s first workflow that enables production decisions based on real-time metrics. The integration of Prinergy Workflow 8 with presses from Konica Minolta, Ricoh and Komori enable “an advanced level of centralized digital device control and automation.”
Enhanced packaging capabilities
The UWS software upgrades have been optimized for Kodak’s packaging customers. The new, improved capabilities include:
- Maxtone SX Screening for four-colour applications that delivers higher resolution and greater control for top quality packaging.
- Support for XMP Screening assignments from other workflow systems.
- Compliance with the latest Ghent Workgroup packaging industry standards.
- Pandora Step-and-Repeat Software: New Smart Layout technology cuts layout creation from hours to minutes, reduces downtime with Die Waste Smart Mark, and reduces paper waste with Split Color Bar Smart Mark.
- ColorFlow Software: New G7 certification enables printers to expand their customer base to a global level.
Additional UWS software enhancements
InSite Prepress Portal:
- Now supports Prinergy Workflow’s Preflight+ which allows printers to detect and correct errors upon job submission
- HTML 5 replaces flash components providing a much better user experience.
- Preps Imposition Software adds automation capabilities “that have never been done before” including custom fold pattern enhancements for web and ribbon printing signatures, shingling and bottling rule management, and Smart collation marks.
“Our Unified Workflow Solutions portfolio is a testimony to Kodak’s commitment to our customers as we continuously improve our offerings to provide the state-of-the-art workflow solutions that enable them to stay ahead of the competition,” said Allan Brown, Vice President and General Manager of Kodak’s Unified Workflow Solutions. “Our customers now have powerful new tools like a single integrated workflow, the functionality to reduce material waste and a reduction in job turnover times that will enable them to spend more time on growing their business.”