The Electronic Document Scholarship Foundation (EDSF) scholarship program was initiated in 1999 to recognize and support the next generation of professionals for the Document Management and Graphic Communication industry. The industry encompasses the wide range of businesses and professionals involved in the creation, management, production, distribution and storage of print and electronic documents. The program is supported by companies and individuals involved in the Document Management and Graphic Communications industry including 4over, Allegra Network, Bell + Howell, Canon, Conduit (Publisher of Canvas Magazine), Darwill, EFI, Franchise Services, FranNet, Gimbel & Associates, GMC Software, InfoTrends, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, NAPCO Media, Pitney Bowes, PrinterPresence, Schilling Inkjet Consulting, Veritiv, Videk, X-Rite and Xerox. In addition to the scholarships funded by EDSF supporters, EDSF administers scholarships for the following companies: Alliance Franchise Brands, Crawford Technologies, Franchise Services, Gimbel Advantage Preferred Group Publishing, HP, InfoTrends, The Hoods Memorial Fund, Konica Minolta Business Solutions and OutputLinks Communications Group.
Applications must be postmarked by Monday, May 1, 2017
The following scholarships are available to outstanding students worldwide for the 2017 – 2018 academic year:
- EDSF Board of Directors Scholarships – range from $1,000 to $5,000
- Andy and Julie Plata Honorary Scholarship – $2,000
- Carl Gerhardt Scholarship Program by Allegra Marketing-Print-Mail – $1,000
- Charles H. ‘Chuck’ Forman – Crawford Technologies Scholarship – $1,000
- Charlie Corr Memorial Scholarship – $2,000
- Don F. Lowe Scholarship – $2,000
- Franchise Services PIP Scholarship – $2,000
- Franchise Services Sir Speedy Scholarship – $2,000
- Frank Romano Lifetime Achievement Scholarship – $2,000
- Herman L. Gimbel (Hy) and Audrey M. Gimbel Memorial Scholarship – $1,000
- Hoods Memorial Scholarship – $2,000
- Konica Minolta Women in Technology Scholarship – $2,500
- Lynda Baboyian Memorial Scholarship – $2,000
- OutputLinks Communications Group John A. Lopiano Endowed Scholarship – $2,000
- OutputLinks Communications Group Woman of Distinction – $5,000
- Rod Key Memorial Scholarship – two at $1,500 each
- Youth-in-Print Scholarship – $2,000 each
For more information, please visit www.edsf.org.
To be eligible for an EDSF scholarship, students must:
- Have an interest in pursuing a career within the Document Management and Graphic Communication industry.
- Achieve a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a full-time student attending an accredited college or university anywhere in the world as of the Fall 2016 semester.
Finally, International students may apply.