The deadline for the Printing Industries of America’s (PIA) nominations for its 2016 William D. Schaeffer Environmental Award is Tuesday, January 31, 2017. The Schaeffer Award recipient is honoured with an engraved plaque before a prestigious group of peers and industry leaders during the PIA’s Spring Administrative Meetings April 29, 2017. Established in 1990, this award is named for environmental pioneer and researcher Dr. William D. Schaeffer, who is celebrated in the industry for his contributions to environmental issues. The award is given to an individual, not a company, who has made significant contributions to the printing industry from an environmental perspective. It can include those involved in any type or printing operations, suppliers, or trade associations associated with the printing, publishing and packaging industries. Schaeffer Award qualifications include:
- A focus on advancing environmental awareness and action in the graphic communications industry.
- Long-term efforts that resulted in successful environmental programs and improvements.
- Encouragement of sustainable business practices as part of a continuous improvement program.
- Contribution of industry assistance with government environmental regulations.
- Pioneering efforts or creation of an original development that results in improvements in sustainability.
For detailed information on candidate eligibility and how to submit a nomination, please visit www.printing.org/page/5391 or contact Kayleigh Smith, Individual Award Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.