QuarkXPress users can look forward to 50 new online video tutorials in 2017 at the rate of one new tutorial per week. Working from the basics, the sessions will be hosted by design, layout, and brand expert Martin Turner, who recently released his book Desk Top Publishing with QuarkXPress 2016. Turner is a brand consultant at Brand Motor Limited and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner. He’s also a long-time QuarkXPress user, having started with the software in 1996 after migrating to the Apple Macintosh. In his new 356-page paperback book, he offers valuable insights on desktop publishing and QuarkXPress for both new and seasoned users.
Now, he takes his expertise to video where he will cover a range of topics including:
- Desktop publishing and digital publishing.
- Deep QuarkXPress features such as Job Jackets and Composition Zones.
- Every panel, palette, menu and function of the newest version of QuarkXPress.
- Setting preferences and preparing pictures for print.
- Converting Excel charts, fonts and kerning, mark-up, editing, spell checking.
- And much, much, more…
The weekly series started with the first episode “The 8 Minute Magazine Challenge” where Martin shows, in real-time, how to create a magazine for print and web in only eight minutes. For access to all the new QuarkXPress training videos as they become available please visit QuarkXPress on YouTube.