Electronics For Imaging (EFI) and Sharp Imaging have launched a new EFI Fiery Digital Front End (DFE) to drive Sharp’s new MX-6580N and MX-7580N Color Document Systems. The MX-PE12 Fiery Print Server combines with the Sharp Color Document Systems “to create a powerful integrated solution for managing high-volume office environments,” said EFI. Running on the latest Fiery FS200 platform, the print server provides “unsurpassed” job and colour management, including the ability to produce complex finished documents and personalized communications. “Businesses need the best productivity and efficiency in their document operations, and the new EFI Fiery DFE offering available for Sharp Color Document Systems give them the ability to produce more work, more efficiently,” said Shane Coffey, Associate Vice President, Product Management, Document Systems Products, Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America. “This new DFE complements the advanced features in our latest print platform for businesses looking to increase productivity and reduce document outsourcing.”
“Sharp customers in high-volume office environments will now have access to a wide variety of capabilities that allow them to get the best-quality results without compromise,” said John Henze, Vice President of Fiery Marketing at EFI. “With the MX-PE12 Fiery print server, users can also turn in-house printing into a professional operation with Fiery SmartRIP technology that handles multi-page, graphic-rich documents as easily as small office files.” The new Fiery server, together with optional modules, make available to Sharp users a wide range of workflow and productivity advantages, including:
- Fiery Command WorkStation digital print job management solution – that makes it easier to manage multiple printers within an enterprise from a single point.
- Enhanced productivity. The server includes Fiery VUE, a free 3D visual print client application that simplifies the creation of booklets, sales guides, manuals, and much more. It provides an interactive and intuitive interface that lets users produce professional-looking materials in just a few clicks, and can reduce paper and toner consumption.
- Ease of integration. Users gain streamlined, efficient, cloud-based operations management for in-plant print departments and production printing operations through full integration with EFI Quick Print Suite workflow software.
- Best-in-class colour and image quality. Offices can obtain high-quality colour and images right out-of-the-box, producing accurate brand colours while automatically colour correcting photos with optional software such as Fiery Spot-On and Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor.
- Personalized printing. Processing of large, complex personalized print jobs can be done quickly, optimizing throughput for maximum engine capacity with built-in Fiery FreeForm – a simple-to-use, variable-data printing solution.
The new Fiery server is currently available from Sharp and authorized Sharp resellers.