Harlequin DirectPrint Daytona, a workflow and RIP for the OKI Pro C900 Series of printers, has been launched and is currently available from U.S.-based RTI – experts in Harlequin RIP Technology. This latest software is available with the OKI Pro C911, C931, C931DP, C941, C941DP, C942, C942DP, 9431, 9431DN, 9541, 9541DN, 9542, and 9542DN Series. Harlequin DirectPrint Daytona offers all the performance and productivity of the Harlequin RIP in an easy-to-use printer-driver-style interface, and is designed for users who are not necessarily from a printing background – such as corporate reprographics departments and retail outlets – but who need to get the best colour and quality from their printing devices. The Daytona release has a number of new features, as well as a number of improvements to existing features. These include:
- The new user interface has been streamlined for easier, faster job production.
- Updates to the Harlequin Color Editor make matching Pantone or spot colours easier, while Harlequin VariData allows users “the fastest way” to run variable-data print jobs.
- Job image re-positioning/margin adjustment ‘on the fly’ is especially convenient for envelope printers.
- Saving and recalling job set-ups means reduced set-up time for repeat work.
- Built-in set-ups allow output of Color-Logic Metallic effect files, adding to the versatility of Harlequin DirectPrint.
“Over the last 18 months, we’ve been continually developing and improving Harlequin DirectPrint, listening to feedback from OKI operating companies, dealers and end users to provide a more complete product for the OKI Pro Series range,” said Ken Hillier, General Manager of RTI. “Harlequin DirectPrint is a powerful tool to get the most out of OKI printers, and now includes many unique features – especially for digital envelope printing.”