Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada), in partnership with Focus Pre-Press Systems, has announced the first order in Western Canada for its flagship MGI JETvarnish 3D Evolution at Horseshoe Press in Burnaby, British Columbia. The unique capabilities of the MGI JETvarnish 3D Evolution promise to create significant growth and differentiation in the marketplace for the award-winning commercial printer, said Konica Minolta. It’s the world’s first B1+ scalable sheetfed digital enhancement press specially designed to help digital and offset printers extend the life of their investments with a seamless upgrade path to manage a full range of production and post-press applications. End-users benefit from print and packaging work that’s much more engaging, differentiated and more visually appealing.
Other benefits include:
- Eliminates the need for films, dies, screens and make-readies for quick and easy production of foil stamping jobs from one to thousands of sheets.
- Ability to run fully personalized short, medium and long runs in a cost-efficient manner for complex packaging applications.
- Artificial Intelligence SmartScanner (AIS) provides precision accuracy by using AI to automate varnish and hot foil registration for inkjet heads over the pre-printed sheet.
- Digital foiling and an upgradeable inkjet expansion system with three substrate size options ranging from 52cm x 120cm/20″ x 47” to 64 x 120 cm/25″ x 47” and 75cm x 120cm/29″ x 47”
- Unique blend of digitally-embellished images, text, data and brand designs using spot varnish, 3D raised varnish and digitally embossed foil in a single pass.
According to Chris Dewart, President and CEO of Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada): “Having recently delivered our first MGI JETvarnish 3D Evolution in Ontario, we’re excited to see the adoption of this innovative technology gaining momentum across Canada. By delivering shorter-run, personalized and high-impact printed material, Horseshoe Press has a premium print offering that will delight its customers and grow their business profitably.”
“Innovation and market leadership have always been our guiding principle at Horseshoe Press,” said Dickey Tam, President and Owner. “Working with an experienced team from Focus Pre-Press and Konica Minolta helped us recognize the opportunity to rapidly grow our business. We’re excited to expand our offerings and bring differentiated products and services to our clients at price points that simply cannot be matched with traditional finishing methods. With the continued support of both companies, we’re confident that this will prove to be a wise investment for Horseshoe Press.”
Paul Kiendl, President of Focus Pre-Press Systems added: “Horseshoe Press has always had a vision towards the future of print, looking for equipment and software that will enhance its operations and propel them to become an industry leader in the digital special effects finishing sector. The innovative technology of the MGI JETvarnish 3D Evolution will allow Horseshoe Press to offer its customers 3D and foiling opportunities that enhance all aspects of the finished printed product.”