Printers worldwide looking to showcase their printed ‘masterpieces’ have until January 26, 2018 to enter the 2018 FESPA Awards being held this year in Berlin. The FESPA Global Print Expo is Europe’s largest exhibition for the wide-format printing industry where over 600 exhibitors showcase their latest innovations and product launches in the digital and screen-printing sectors for graphics, signage, décor, packaging, industrial and textile applications. Established in 1991, the independent printing industry awards event celebrates the achievements and exceptional work created by print service providers and sign makers worldwide. This year saw more than 400 print experts gather in Hamburg, Germany to celebrate the very best in the industry.
With hundreds of entries for 2018 spanning 14 categories, an impressive shortlist and a spectacular black-tie dinner planned, the FESPA Print Excellence Awards “are where stars are created, and more importantly, where new business contacts and relationships are made,” said the organizers. Again, entries for the 2018 Awards have until January 26, 2018 to submit their work. The final judging will take place in March and the winners will be announced alongside the FESPA 2018 exhibition in Berlin at the FESPA Gala Dinner on May 16, 2018. The 14 categories include:
• Point of purchase products – printing on paper and board
• Point of purchase products – printed on all types of plastics
• Posters, single sheets and multi-sheets
• Original serigraphies, giclees and fine-art reproductions
• Decals, printed labels, fleet marking, window decals, etc.
• Special-effects printing
• Special-effects printing on t-shirts and other garments
• T-shirts and other garments
• Roll-to-roll printed textiles
• Glass, ceramic, metal and wood products
• Printing on 3D products
• Non-printed signage
• Young Star (for entrants aged 15 – 25 working as a junior employee or student in any print-related discipline)
Each category can be entered using four processes – digital printing only, screen printing only, mixed techniques and non-printed. In addition to the 14 categories, there are two other awards that can’t be entered directly. The People’s Choice Award is selected from all entries by FESPA’s online community. Entries will be hosted in an online gallery between February 5 and March 5 of 2018 for public voting. The Best in Show Award is chosen from all categories, with the awards judges selecting the most outstanding overall entry. During the month of December, printers can benefit from discounted entry prices. For more information please visit https://www.fespaawards.com/.