Organized by the intelliFLEX Innovation Alliance (Ottawa), CPES2018 will take place May 23-24 at Centennial College’s Conference Centre in Toronto. CPES is Canada’s premier conference and tradeshow exhibition for flexible and hybrid electronics (FHE). The deadline for academic poster and speaker abstract submissions is January 18, 2018. The submission deadline for the organization’s Innovation Awards is March 22, 2018 – and details will follow on its website. Early Bird pricing (until January 15) will save $200 off of regular admission, with savings of $100 if registering by March 31. CPES2018 will cover the broad spectrum of flexible and hybrid electronics and the value chain required to bring innovative products and applications to market. It’ll explore technologies, opportunities and industry challenges through tabletop exhibits and academic posters, its Innovation Awards, presentations, an investor panel, and various industry panel discussions.
Technical areas that will be covered include:
- 2D-large area and 3D-printable electronics
- Advances in inks, pastes, substrates and manufacturing methods
- Advances in flexible electronics
- Advances in wearable electronics
- Advances in components such as sensors, batteries, lights, displays antennas and memory
- Hybrid electronics that connect printable and flexible electronics with integrated circuits or traditional electronics
Key end-use applications covered and discussed will include:
- Intelligent Packaging and Smart Retail
- Intelligent Buildings and Connected Homes
- Smart Parts for Automotive, Aerospace and Defence
- Smart Textiles and Wearables for Health
- FHE for Next-Generation Communications
- Manufacturing 4.0 and Supply Chain applications
“Past attendees of CPES have spoken – and we’ve listened,” said organizers. Attendees can look forward to:
- More time to network and develop the partnerships that are key to success
- Fewer product-focused presentations and more industry panels that tackle the challenges facing organizations today
- Greater focus on helping start-ups and early-stage companies with the addition of a Start-up Launchpad to the show’s existing Start-up of the Year Award and Mentoring Program.
- An emphasis on supporting diversity across the industry ecosystem with its new Women in STEM program
“What hasn’t changed is how we help you make contacts that matter – and this distinguishes CPES2018 from other industry events,” said Peter Kallai, CPES2018 Co-Chair and President and CEO of intelliFLEX. “Nowhere else can you find such an impressive concentration of senior decision makers and innovative organizations from across the global supply chain in such an intimate and inviting setting – ideal for networking and business development.”
Industrial companies active in printable, flexible and hybrid electronics will be showcasing their products, services and market leadership to potential partners and customers. End users and brand owners eager to add intelligence to their products can engage with innovators and integrators who can help them capitalize on the Internet of Everything. Academic and public-sector researchers can align their work with market needs and find new opportunities for collaboration with their peers and with industry partners.
“IntelliFLEX supports diversity and recognizes its value to drive an industry forward,” Kallai added. “A new Women in STEM program at CPES2018 will feature our first Women in STEM Award, as well as a special session where women leaders in our industry will discuss how best to nurture greater female involvement across our ecosystem through intelliFLEX programs.” If you want to get involved with key elements of the conference/tradeshow, such as start-up mentoring and/or the new Women in STEM program, please contact Peter Kallai at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other opportunities, including exhibiting and sponsorships, please visit www.intelliflex.org/cpes2018/.