Continuing its collaboration with third-party companies, Canon U.S.A. has announced that its newest imagePrograf large-format printers, the TX Series, are now compatible with Onyx Graphics’ Onyx 12.2 Software, an intuitive wide-format print workflow and RIP (Raster Image Processor) software solution. As a result of this combination, customers familiar with Canon’s TX Series devices will notice key upgrades in the areas of colour management, workflow automation, media handling and data-transfer speeds. “A key component of Canon’s successful business model is its willingness to work hand-in-hand with third parties to help customers address challenges in their businesses,” said Toyotsugu Kuwamura, Executive VP and GM, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “By giving our customers the opportunity to incorporate the efficiency of Onyx software with the powerful quality of the imagePrograf TX Series, Canon has provided customers with the versatility they desire in a solution to help meet their goals and help improve their printing operation.”
New features contained in the Onyx software reinforce the capabilities of the TX Series. They include:
- Faster RIP and data transfer speeds with optimized colour calculations across all applications
- A multi-roll user interface which includes an interactive workflow that can display a live view of loaded media with automated roll selection between jobs in the RIP queue
- Enhanced media and page-size handling to streamline printer configurations and job set-up
- A user interface showing device-specific information based on bi-directional data – including easily visible ink levels, printer status and media information
- Streamlined workflows with job scaling and rotation options available directly from the file-open dialogue before sending jobs to the RIP queue to help reduce time in production
Characterizing the technology as “the next standard of engineering” by Canon, the series is ideal for a variety of markets – including architecture, engineering, construction, as well as general business-use applications and in-house signage. With the newly developed five-colour Lucia TD pigment ink set, the TX series provides added durability and water resistance, with the option to print on both inkjet and non-inkjet papers, to enable a diverse range of signage applications in addition to technical document printing. For media handling, the TX series features automatic media loading and a second-roll option with a multi-function roll unit that can be used as a bi-directional take-up unit. With the new Canon Water Resistant Matte Polypropylene media, the TX series enables customers to achieve up to six months of outdoor use with no lamination.
The TX Series also features a new printhead, high-precision mechanical platform for fast printing, and is available as an integrated MFP solution that includes a new 36-inch scanner that can scan-to-copy in colour at up to six inches per second with high-resolution scanning – to better capture the colour and details of large-format documents. The new compatibility with Canon’s imagePrograf TX Series is available for the full Onyx software product line, including Thrive workflow software, ProductionHouse, PosterShop and RIPCenter RIP software.