In one of its most comprehensive Duratex media expansions to date, Agfa Graphics North America has expanded its fabric line “to meet the quality and value standards of today’s discerning customers.” Duratex fabrics offer woven and knit materials that provide rich, brilliant colour reproduction. The sturdy yet lightweight washable textiles are easy to handle and transport, are reusable, and can be folded – all characteristics that are catching the attention of today’s print buyers.
“Soft signage and digitally printed fabrics are projected to grow at an estimated 20% per annum, making it one of the fastest growing wide-format segments,” said Larry Salomon, Vice President of Wide Format at Agfa Graphics North America. “The success of our Duratex Polyfab and PolyFab Opaque Fabric Lines begged the expansion, with seven new products for SGIA and possibly more before the year’s end.” Agfa Graphics is the largest supplier in North America of flexible and rigid substrates for the graphics communications industry.
The new Duratex line includes:
- Duratex Stretch Fabric – A 100% polyester, heavy weight fabric with excellent colour reproduction, good opacity and 2-way stretch for SEG framing systems, tradeshow booths, exhibit graphics and backdrops.
- Duratex 280g Power Stretch Display Fabric – A heavy weight 4-way stretch fabric offering opacity and excellent colour reproduction that easily stretches over tension displays fabricated for pillowcase-style graphics. Power Stretch is wrinkle-resistant and works well for curved and irregular-shaped aluminum frames, column wraps and pop-up booths.
- Duratex 180g Soft Knit – A 100% polyester light weight fabric that’s wrinkle-resistant and crease-resistant, offering a very soft drape for SEG framing systems, table throws and general display applications.
- Duratex 300g Heavy Knit Display Fabric – A 100% polyester heavyweight fabric with moderate opacity and excellent colour reproduction for SEG framing systems, tradeshow displays, table covers and backdrops.
- Duratex 265g Premium Black Out Display Fabric – A 100% polyester, black-backed opaque, heavy weight fabric with a black polyurethane coating that provides excellent opacity for single-sided transfer and blocks readthrough.
- Duratex 52g Silk Flag – A 100% polyester, ultra-light weight, extremely sheer fabric with a silk-like appearance that flows easily and offers excellent bleed-through for tradeshow, flag, and retail display applications.
- Duratex 115g Premium Flag – A 100% polyester light weight, open weave fabric offering excellent bleed-through for backlit applications, feather flags and outdoor pole flags.
The Duratex brand serves the UV, latex, solvent and dye-sublimation markets. Duratex media spans value selections in banner, backlit, adhesive backed, textile and rigid substrates. Also unique to Agfa Graphics is its team of highly trained application specialists serving customers as a resource for improving print quality and efficiency. Customers utilize Agfa’s ongoing printing and installation guidance “as a value-added that’s not offered by other manufacturers.” The OEM’s team of inkjet specialists will be available to discuss the Duratex line as well as other Agfa technologies and services at SGIA 2018 from October 18 – 20 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada in booths 1460 and 1561.