Epson has announced the debut of two new high-speed, easy-to-use, wide-format SureColor T-Series plotters – the Epson SureColor T3170 24-inch desktop printer, and the SureColor T5170 36-inch floor-standing printer. Marking Epson’s expansion of its T-Series product line to the low-to-mid-range CAD printer market, both wireless printers feature a clean and compact design coupled with the reliable printing performance inherent in Epson’s technical printers. The new devices can accommodate crisp, high-quality printing of blueprints, fine-line drawings, signage, classroom posters and much more. They’re ideal for professionals and work groups across a huge range of applications – including architecture, engineering, CAD, GIS, education, corporate, home and small-office settings.
Utilizing Epson’s new PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead technology and enhanced Nozzle Verification Technology (to automatically detect and adjust nozzle condition), the new printers offer “breakthrough print speeds” producing accurate A1/D-size prints in seconds, precise detail and commercial-grade reliability. Featuring integrated wireless and Wi-Fi-Direct connectivity, architects and designers can seamlessly print from tablets and smartphones, or use the new 4.3” LCD colour touchscreen with simple and intuitive menu controls and navigation. Next-generation high-capacity UltraChrome XD2 pigment inks deliver durable and vibrant prints with brilliant colours and clear, crisp lines.
“The SureColor T3170 and T5170 are designed specifically for innovators – engineers, designers and architects – looking for a compact printer that’s worthy of being displayed in their environment,” said Matt Kochanowski, Product Manager of Professional Imaging at Epson America. “Leveraging Epson’s latest technology to deliver class-leading print performance, the new printers also feature a new footprint that enhances today’s work spaces and allows users to wirelessly produce accurate and vibrant prints from tablets and smartphones virtually anywhere.” The T3170 and T5170 deliver a range of features designed to increase productivity. These include:
- “Breakthrough” print speeds. The SC-T3170 and T5170 produce accurate A1/D-size prints in 34 seconds and 31 seconds, respectively.
- Easy to operate. A large, intuitive 4.3-inch LCD colour touchscreen simplifies printing tasks.
- Compact and clean design. Ultra-small footprint and sleek, minimal design enhances work spaces.
- Replace ink less often. High-capacity cartridges yield up to 50 mL colour and 80 mL black.
- Print from virtually anywhere in the office. Integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity allow for easy printing from tablets, smartphones and more.
- High Performance. PrecisionCore MicroTFP printheads feature Precision Droplet Control for outstanding clarity, as well as commercial-grade reliability with Nozzle Verification Technology.
- Durable, vibrant prints. Next-generation UltraChrome XD2 archival pigment ink technology produces brilliant colours and clean, crisp lines.
- Versatile media handling. Accommodates rolls up to 24 inches and 36 inches and sheets up to 11″ x 17″ through an Auto Sheet Feeder.
- Precise and sharp details. Print blueprints, line drawings, posters and more at up to 2,400 dpi.
- Easy set-up. Get up and running out of the box in as quickly as 30 minutes.