The Book Manufacturers’ Institute (BMI, Ormond Beach, Florida) has announced the launch of its Rising Star Awards to recognize book industry professionals who are making a positive impact on their companies, in their communities and in the industry. The inaugural class of honourees will be announced at an awards presentation on Monday, April 29, 2019 as part of the annual BMI Spring Management Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.
“This new honour was conceived to spotlight up-and-coming, worthy colleagues from companies in the printing, binding and manufacturing sector – a vital segment of the book publishing supply chain,” said Matt Baehr, Executive Director at BMI. “We believe in recognizing the leaders of tomorrow with our full support today.” Award criteria includes:
- Sustained excellent job performance
- Contributions to their company, community and/or industry
- Continued training, education and learning within the industry
- Demonstration of exemplary customer service, community service and/or industry service
- Age 39 years younger as of March 15, 2019 (the end of the nomination period)
- Employed in BMI’s network of member companies in Canada and the U.S.
BMI President James H. Fetherston of the Worzalla Publishing Company added: “A lot of innovation and invention in the industry is driven by our colleagues at the centre of companies – those who are well past the entry-level, though not yet up in ‘the C-suite.’ I think it’s a great idea to acknowledge these rising stars for the notable contributions they’re making to our processes, bottom lines and culture.”
Nominations are currently open at BMI’s website, where additional details can be found: https://bomi.memberclicks.net/rising-star-awards.