Rollem USA (Anaheim, California) has released the Champion SS, ideal for kiss-cutting labels and pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA’s). Rollem has “the largest range of semi-slitter machines on the market today,” totaling five models with widths starting at 18”, 24”, 30”, and 36”, up to 42”. Key features include exceptional stability and control, high speeds and a simple set-up that requires no skilled labour. Users can accurately slit any type of liner stocks at speeds up to 26,000 sph. Rollem’s semi-slitting machines “offer superior slitting and semi-slitting/kiss-cutting technology to deliver consistent production, sheet after sheet, resulting in greater customer satisfaction,” said the OEM. The Champion SS is ideal for slitting labels, stickers, retail shelf tags and industrial components. If products requires a unique shape, an Insignia Die Cutter system can not only kiss-cut, but die cut products in one pass.
Other features include:
- Handles stocks from 1 mil to 40 point
- Includes the ability to “cut-score” card stocks
- The partial cut provides crisp, clean lines to ship products flat and fold upon receipt
- Spring loaded, pressure-sensitive semi-slitting heads automatically adjust to the cutting surface to eliminate high and low cutting points
- The Champion SS is available in a variety of configurations to meet a client’s specific needs