Canon U.S.A. is enhancing and expanding its PRISMAsync Print Server Family by introducing the PRISMAsync Print Server V7 and the PRISMAsync Print Server LP. The PRISMAsync Print Server V7 offers capabilities to help improve print quality, productivity and versatility of the new Canon imagePRESS C910 Colour Digital Press Series. As an updated version of the PRISMAsync Print Server V6, it will offer new capabilities to help users improve their productivity, promote workflow efficiency and consistency, and better manage their imagePRESS digital colour output. Features and capabilities include:
- The addition of several security enhancements to help prevent unauthorized access to crucial documents.
- Increased efficiency with expanded JDF and JMF support, extended support of the new and updated finishing equipment, and new features introduced on the imagePRESS C910 Series.
- Enhanced print server hardware for processing of large and graphic-intensive files.
- PRISMAsync Remote Match, which brings efficiency to the process of synchronizing crucial device settings across multiple imagePRESS C910 series engines.
- G7 Verification and Colour Validation Reports with the ability to easily export for online viewing.
- Improvements to Automated Workflows to help streamline routine task processes.
- PRISMAlytics Dashboard, which displays additional consumable information for all supported colour and monochrome digital presses.
The PRISMAsync Print Server LP, another new addition to the portfolio, is designed for smaller printing operations and in-plants that don’t require the full-colour management and workflow functionality of the PRISMAsync Print Server, but want to maintain a common workflow and printer interface between their imagePRESS digital colour presses and their varioPRINT monochrome digital presses. With PRISMAsync Remote Manager, users will be able to easily upload, schedule and monitor production of these presses within this remote web-based platform. The PRISMAsync LP version will also be available for the imagePRESS C810 and C710 digital colour presses.
“The PRISMAsync Print Servers showcase Canon’s innovation and commitment to helping customers continue to expand and optimize their digital printing operations,” said Shinichi Yoshida, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Canon U.S.A. “We received great feedback on the ease of use and increased productivity that the PRISMAsync provides, and look forward to now offering this solution to a broader range of customers.”
As a business grows, users will also have the opportunity to upgrade the capabilities of PRISMAsync Print Server LP with additional features including advanced colour management and G7 calibration, DocBox, Page Programming and Accounting. Canon added that it will continue to develop PRISMAsync Print Servers to further help streamline production by making printing operations more intuitive and uniform, while also managing jobs through multiple presses and easily limiting the chances of human error. The PRISMAsync Print Server V7 and the PRISMAsync Print Server LP are scheduled to be available through Canon authorized dealers starting in the second quarter of 2019, in conjunction with the availability of the imagePRESS C910 Series.