Onyx Graphics (Salt Lake City, Utah) has announced the worldwide availability of Onyx 19, the newest version of the company’s wide-format RIP and print workflow software. Introducing its Spark Engine and DeviceLink+, Onyx 19 brings “new, cutting-edge technologies so print service providers can go bigger, bolder and beyond the limitations of wide-format print for all print applications, including soft signage and textiles.” The Spark Engine is a new performance platform bringing RIP speed increases up to 400% and printer performance increases of up to 200%, said the company. DeviceLink+ is a new system of easy-to-use colour management controls to achieve consistent colour across an entire site without the need to read in new swatches or use a colour measurement device.
“We’re amazed at the response Onyx 19 received at our FESPA announcement last month,” said Bryan Manwaring, Director of Product Marketing at Onyx Graphics. “Customers are already seeing the Spark Engine at work through increased production capacity, while DeviceLink+ is creating new possibilities to achieve outstanding colour output that can all be automated at the click of a button.” Onyx 19 also introduces new Step and Repeat functionality for a “600%” performance increase, new dot pattern technology for “the smoothest output” on all wide-format print applications (including soft signage and textiles), a nest trim box features for weeding and finishing print-and-cut jobs, and the first-and-only solution to build iccMAX v5 profiles.
Highlights of Onyx 19 include:
- Advanced compression algorithms in the Spark Engine increase RIP speeds by up to 400%.
- New threading pipeline in the Spark Engine improves printer performance by up to 200%.
- New rendering technology in the Spark Engine increases Step and Repeat performance up to 600%.
- Colour management automation controls using DeviceLink+.
- Consistent colour across devices using DeviceLink+.
- iccMAX v5 profiling for next-generation color output accuracy
- New Dot Pattern Technology for the smoothest output on all wide-format print applications.
- Automation for Step-and-Repeat jobs for more seamless workflows.
- Print Isolation Technology to ensure that print production continues in the event of printer failure.
- Nest trim box to save time weeding and finishing jobs.
Onyx 19 software is now available to all Onyx Advantage customers by requesting a key update, and to all other customers via a license purchase.