SAi (Salt Lake City, Utah), a leading provider of software solutions for the sign-making, digital printing and CNC machining industries, has announced a “significant upgrade” to its flagship EnRoute CAD/CAM software. EnRoute 6.1 meets the various needs and budgets of users across multiple industries and is accessible to existing subscribers of EnRoute software. It now includes six new efficiency-enhancing tools to boost CNC routing capabilities for CNC woodworking, sign-making and mill-working companies, as well as nested-based manufacturing users.
These new features cover improved previewing options, comprehensive job statistics and greater cutting control. They include:
- Backplot Tool that simultaneously generates four preview angles and contains detailed cut statistics. It now also incorporates colour code for the text in the file, making it easier to identify what’s included on the output file.
- Group Order Function which allows subscribers to not only select the order in which they want the objects to be cut, but saves this to a group which can be copied. This allows users to dramatically reduce their design time while maximizing throughput.
- Job Statistics that deliver improved information regarding cutting time. By providing realistic production times and job estimates, users can optimize throughput.
- Order by Line Option. By drawing a simple line on-screen, users can quickly select the order of the parts to be cut, providing them with superior cutting control.
- Hot Folder Option ensures that once a part is outputted from EnRoute 6.1, it’s automatically saved in a predefined (hot) folder created by the user, ready to be cut. This reduces the time required to save each part and decreases the risk of manual errors.
- Drag Knife Tool creates toolpaths for cutting complex geometries. It uses a motion-controlled knife that dictates the direction of the blade to create toolpaths for cutting complex geometries. This provides new and advanced functionalities to users of entry-level CNC machines – without the large capital investment of a premium cutter.
“The ability for CNC users to purchase EnRoute software via monthly subscription offers greater flexibility and cost control to their business, while ensuring that they always have the most up-to-date versions,” the company added.