Quark (Denver, Colorado) has announced the availability of QuarkXPress 15.0.1, the first update to QuarkXPress 2019 page-layout software that was released July 9, 2019. Included in this update for QuarkXPress 2019 users are improvements to many customer-requested items relating to the following:
- Retina cursors on Mac. Cursors will no longer pixelate. They’ll be as sharp as they are on non-retina resolutions.
- Program language back on Windows. The option to allow users to set their QuarkXPress program language differently than their system language, will be restored.
- Notarization on Mac. This version of QuarkXPress has been notarized by Apple, which means that all additional security checks required for notarization have been met. Notarization is a minimum requirement for Catalina compatibility.
- Image export bug fixes. Drop shadow and composition zones will now be exported at the specified resolution. Users can expect additional improvements to this feature included in the first quarterly release in October.
- Improved handling of font styles/faux styles. UI and stability improvements have been made.
- Large measurement palette settings will be saved across sessions. Users will no longer have to switch to “Large” size at each launch. This setting will now be stored in user preferences.
QuarkXPress 2019 customers can update their version through the auto-updater when they launch QuarkXPress, or by downloading the update manually through the links below:
While this 15.0.1 release contains many improvements, the first release of the new features for QuarkXPress will be delivered in October, said the company. Advantage Members can expect an announcement of all new incoming features in late September. QuarkXPress 2019 is available through its Advantage Program, which gives customers a lifetime license to QuarkXPress, new features and updates every quarter, as well as premium technical phone support.