Neenah Packaging (Alpharetta, Georgia) has introduced new hemp fibre papers, a new colour, and new finishes into its recently expanded line of Neenah Folding Board Papers. “Neenah continues to invest in the packaging market, striving to build a portfolio of premium folding carton papers that will meet all the needs of our customers,” said Michelle Turner, Brand Manager at Neenah. “Neenah offers a range of stocked options, custom capabilities, and PCW content ranging from 30% to 100%, all of which are FSC-Certified. These premium packaging papers are engineered to provide best-in-class printing results while allowing our customers to design as sustainably as possible while not forgoing luxury,” Turner added. According to a 2019 industry research study, the global CBD (Cannabidiol) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of roughly 32% over the next five years. “We’re addressing this market head-on by supporting the designers of Cannabis and CBD brands with hemp-infused packaging papers that align with the visions and values of these products,” she pointed out. The new Hemp Board Papers are available in a Vellum finish, in three of Neenah Folding Board’s most popular shades:
- PC White Hemp. The hemp fibres are highly visible in this bright white, 80% PCW sheet, for brands that want to clearly identify the use of hemp papers in their packaging design.
- Desert Storm Hemp. A more earthy and subtle showing of fibres add visual texture to this popular 30% PCW shade.
- Deep Black Hemp. This rich, dyed-through, 30% PCW board is ideal for brands that want to use hemp papers without seeing the fibres.
- New Colour. “We heard feedback from the market that there was room for a more economical shade of black in the line. This new shade addresses that want, while directly complementing the Concrete and Wrought Iron colours in the line,” Turner said.
- Industrial Black. This new colour is an “ever-so-lighter “high quality dyed black board, for when the extra dark richness of Deep Black isn’t what designers are looking for.
New finishes. Although coated, these papers don’t have a shine, but instead provide a matte look. These new finishes are designed to coordinate with papers from Neenah’s premium uncoated writing, text and cover portfolio.
- Soft Touch Single. Coated on one side, this velvety surface adds touchable texture.
- Pearlized Single. Coated on one side, this board adds instant shimmer and shine to any package.
- Matte Single. Coated on one side, this sheet offers a subtle matte finish.
- Matte Double. The subtle matte finish coats both sides of this paper.
New Neenah Folding Board Swatchbook. These new items, along with Neenah’s complete portfolio of Folding Board Papers can be found in the new Neenah Folding Board Swatchbook. “The swatchbook is designed to be a reference book for the stocked shades, textures and weights Neenah offers,” said Turner. “However, this book is just a jumping-off point to help designers think about the possibilities. Neenah’s custom capabilities can help customers create unique, one-of-a-kind packaging papers. Neenah offers solutions to help our customers take their ideas, and the visions of their customers, wherever they may lead,” she added.