SGIA and NAPCO Media have announced its new Wide-Format Summit, a hosted invitation-only conference to be held April 20 – 22, 2020, at the Hyatt Lost Pines in Austin, Texas. The event will be co-located with the 8th annual Inkjet Summit and will share networking functions, evening receptions and dinners, and will have its own content track. The Wide-Format Summit is designed for senior managers and executives in wide-format inkjet printing businesses who want to understand how current and future digital printing technology, substrate options, finishing technology and data management solutions will impact their businesses and investment decisions. This summit will provide strategic-level insights into what printing industry leaders must do to grow, improve and optimize their businesses – from commercial, in-plant and graphics environments – within three primary segments:
- Soft Signage for Graphic Applications (Textile): Exhibit displays, retail displays, etc.
- Production Display Graphics (Roll-to-Roll): Vehicle/fleet wraps, floor graphics, window graphics, wall coverings, banners, etc.
- Production Display Graphics (Flatbed): Rigid signage, POP displays, exotic materials, etc.
Attendees will meet and learn from leading wide-format experts through a program developed by conference co-chairs Dan Marx of SGIA and Steve Duccilli of NAPCO Media. They’ll work in close conjunction with an advisory board representing some of the best minds in the wide-format printing industry, proven thought leaders and subject-matter experts.
The board will ensure that the summit addresses the most pressing subjects in the field today. It includes:
- Dan Marx, Director of Content Development, SGIA (Conference Co-Chair)
- Steve Duccilli, Vice President/Brand Director of Wide-Format and Industrial Printing, NAPCO Media (Conference Co-Chair)
- Mark Hanley, President of IT Strategies
- Tim Greene, Research Director at IDC
- Eric Zimmerman, Director of Wide-Format Printing at Keypoint Intelligence
- Denise Gustavson, Editor-in-Chief of Wide-Format Impressions
- Mark Michelson, Editor-in-Chief, Printing Impressions
- Bob Neubauer, Editor-in-Chief, In-Plant Impressions
“The Summit is truly a unique event — there’s nothing else like it in today’s market,” Marx added. “Both industry suppliers and attendees will benefit from the event’s intimate learning environment. Attendees will learn from industry consultants, market-leading suppliers, and importantly their peers, on topics addressing needed technologies, how to adopt them and how to use them successfully. The Wide-Format Summit provides a top-notch experience for the segment’s top business leaders — and directly benefits all who are involved.” The invitation-only format will provide a valuable experience for attendees to acquire knowledge from the “who’s who” in the wide-format space, said the organizations – through keynote sessions, user panels, case studies, segment-focused breakout sessions, and numerous networking activities and receptions.
Just as printers are seeking information and guidance, suppliers are looking for ways to identify and develop relationships with highly qualified decision makers. The summit will provide sponsors with private case-study presentations and prescheduled one-on-one meetings with executive attendees who drive their companies’ research, strategy and purchasing decisions.