Enfocus (Gent, Belgium), a leader in PDF quality control, advanced PDF editing and workflow automation for the printing and graphic arts industry, has announced the release of Switch 2019 Fall. This release includes Switch Designer improvements and many added features to the Switch Web Portal. The Remote Process element and the API have been improved, making the integration and communication with Switch even more robust, said Enfocus. The company’s PitStop Pro and PitStop Server 2019 Update 1 will officially support Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina and contain a number of “bug fixes.” PitStop Server also receives stability improvements with this latest release.
Switch Designer and elements improvements
- FTP Send and FTP Receive now support FTPS – added security compatibility with FTPS.
- Visual indicator for connections put on hold (in the situation where a flow connector has been set to on hold, an icon indicates this in the flow list pane).
- Flow Stage can be defined on Submitpoints, Checkpoints and Submit Hierarchy.
- This addition allows users to see these statuses on Switch Job Boards and Dashboards.
Web Portal additions and improvements
- Members of the Administrator Group in Switch now have access to Administrator features in the Web Portal
- System Info in the Admin Tab allows the monitoring of Switch processes, including CPU and memory used by Switch.
- History and overview of logged-in users in recent sessions is now available.
- News feed added for Switch Administrators to stay informed of developments and related news.
- Users can upload a custom logo for placement on the login page.
- Flows can be started and stopped without the need for remote Designer or login to the Switch Server.
- Access to Job Private Data and Job Metadata via Job Boards.
- Submitpoints are redesigned to allow list view, card view, alphabetical sorting and per flow sorting. Submitpoints will show flow status and can be ‘favourited.’
Remote Process element additions
- Additional API calls and a notification have been added. A Job Aborted notification can now be sent by the Remote Process element. Get and set Private Data functionality is enabled, and listing and downloading metadata is possible.
- Attach a table view to Counter widgets.
- Show server messages on a dashboard.
- Selecting columns and disabling headers is possible for all table widgets.
- History widgets now supports job boards with multiple columns.
- Exporting and importing of dashboards.
Other features and ‘bug fixes’ are delivered with the Switch 2019 Fall release. Please check the release notes for a complete list and visit What’s New in Switch at www.enfocus.com.