Printing Industries of America (PIA) has announced the launch of its new Process Control Fundamentals Course in its online iLearning Center. Process control is a crucial function ensuring that a system is constant, predictable and continually operating at optimum performance with only normal variations. In the printing industry, process control is the cornerstone of any successful colour-managed workflow. This course methodically delves into all the necessary tools, targets and techniques for implementing process control successfully in a production workflow. The new course covers:
- What process control is and why it’s important for colour management.
- How to establish consistency in colour viewing.
- Measurement devices and instrument standards.
- Process control on press, tools and requirements.
- Process control in computer-to-plate, tools and requirements.
- Process control in proofing, tools and requirements.
- Implementation and getting buy-ins and support from management and staff.
For more information about the iLearning Center, please visit www.printing.org/ilearning.
Or, contact Joe Marin, Vice President of Education & Training at Printing Industries of America, at firstname.lastname@example.org.