The Book Manufacturers’ Institute (BMI – Ormond Beach, Florida) is now accepting nominations for its Rising Star Award which recognizes book industry professionals who are making a positive impact on their companies, in their communities, and on the industry. Nominations will be accepted through to Friday, February 28, 2020 at 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. The Award will be presented at the BMI Spring Management Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, May 3-5, 2020.
The inaugural class of finalist honourees was recently celebrated at the 2019 BMI Spring Management Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. Clark Matthews of Independent Publishers Group was the recipient of the first-ever Rising Star Award.
This honour was conceived to “spotlight up-and-coming, worthy colleagues from companies in the printing, binding, and manufacturing sector – a vital segment of the book publishing supply chain,” said Matt Baehr, Executive Director of BMI. “We’re so excited to be recognizing and celebrating the achievements of our next generation of leaders.”
The selection criteria includes:
- Sustained excellent job performance
- Contributions to their company, community and/or the industry
- Continued training, education and learning within the industry
- Demonstration of exemplary customer service, community service, and/or industry service.
- Age 39 years or younger as of March 15, 2019 (the end of the nomination period)
- Employed in BMI’s network of member companies
BMI President Joe Upton of Above the Treeline, added: “A tremendous amount of knowledge and innovation in every company comes from those who may be relative newcomers to the business. Seeing what these individuals bring to our industry is an inspiration, and we’re happy to celebrate them.”