Ricoh USA has won the Keypoint Intelligence – Buyers Lab (BLI) Pick Award for Outstanding Productivity Ecosystem. Buyers Lab, the world’s leading independent evaluator of document imaging software, hardware and services, recognized Ricoh’s ability to deliver ‘device-agnostic’ workflow automation – such as smart integration cloud connectors and workflow packages that include cloud-storage connectivity. The suite provides modular options in a simple, predictable, low-cost subscription model to help streamline workflows, enhance efficiencies and drive productivity. Analysts also positively cited the reduction of burdens on IT departments, allowing employees them to focus on further process improvements.
“One of the most attractive components of digital transformation is increased productivity associated with electronic files,” said Lee Davis, Senior Editor of Scanner Analysis and Software Evaluation at Keypoint Intelligence. “But often, when businesses replace paper-based processes with digital ones, they’re still executing those processes manually. The future of office technology – very similarly to our day-to-day consumer lives – is subscription-based. Ricoh Cloud Workflow Solutions helps businesses get the most out of their digital transformation investments with a unique and growing collection of solutions. Together and individually, these solutions work to foster intelligent connectivity, security and management for improved productivity and ease of use that scales with changing needs and environments,” Davis added.
In Keypoint’s analysis, Ricoh Cloud Workflow Solutions stood out due to its simplicity, versatility and impact on productivity. The portfolio is comprised of:
- Ricoh Smart Integration Essentials. Key features include secure, mobile/guest printing and simplified scan to email with Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Ricoh Smart Integration Connectors. Builds on the Essentials package by adding direct scanning in editable or searchable formats.
- Ricoh Smart Integration Workflows. Builds on the Connectors package and introduces enhanced workflow templates that can be configured and stored for increased automation. It also expands the routing destinations to include local folders, in addition to cloud accounts. Allowing documents can be scanned to the right location, in the right format, with the right filename, in a single operation.
- Ricoh Smart Integration Advanced Workflows. Introduces automatic document classification and routing as well as advanced capabilities for scanning features to SharePoint.
- Device independent cloud services. In addition to the MFP-based solutions above, the portfolio also includes services for extracting content from documents to reduce manual data entry, an accounts payable solution for small businesses, and document management leveraging Ricoh’s Docuware.
“More and more people are digitizing their workflows, so turning random data into actionable and useful information is critical to today’s businesses,” said Steven Burger, Head of Engineering and Vice President of Portfolio Management at Ricoh USA. “That said, digitization and the cloud aren’t instant magic cure-alls for productivity. Effective workflows require an intuitive, intelligent, scalable, modular approach – something Ricoh Cloud Workflow Solutions are designed to deliver. We are proud of the suite’s success, and are honoured that Keypoint Intelligence and BLI have seen fit to recognize our efforts.”