The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA – Fairfax, Virginia) has announced a new webinar series designed to address critical issues facing the printing industry today, amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The free COVID-19: Ask the Experts Webinar Series, powered by PRINTING United, will be offered twice a month in May and June and will feature key updates on a variety of topics to help businesses overcome operational challenges.
Joe Marin, VP of Education and Training at the Printing Industries of America (PIA), will moderate the series, and Lisbeth Lyons, VP of Government and External Affairs at the PIA, will kick off the series on Monday, April 27 at 11 am Eastern Standard Time, presenting: Government Response Updates. Registration is now live.
While much of the content is U.S.-based, this series is well worth the time for printers and print-related businesses in the supply chain in Canada as well – not to mention that U.S. actions invariably impact the printing industry across Canada too. Plus, the actions the U.S. might take could give us a glimpse of what’s on the horizon for a post-pandemic print industry in Canada.
Webinar: Monday, April 27 – U.S. Government Response Updates
As the U.S. and Canada face an unprecedented public health and economic crisis, our industry is facing unique challenges. This webinar will include the latest updates on COVID responses in the U.S., and actions and plans from the U.S. Congress and the White House that specifically affect printing industry businesses. In this 60-minute webinar, attendees will gain insights on:
- The latest U.S. Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) updates for small and mid-sized business relief.
- Implications of tax and labour policy changes.
- What the “Phase 4” stimulus might look like.
- How is USPS is faring and what relief might it get.
- When and how the U.S. economy will re-open and employers roles.
“Right now, we have an obligation to come together and do whatever it takes to help one another during this unexpected interruption in normal, day-to-day business,” said James Martin, Executive Vice President, at SGIA. “Uniting the industry means we come together during the good, the bad, and every time in between. Collaboration doesn’t stop when times get tough; it means we work to support one another more than ever, and this series, and these resources we’re building, serve to do just that.”
To register for the Government Response Updates webinar on Monday, April 27, please click here.
Upcoming Ask the Experts webinars in the series
Future COVID-19: Ask the Experts webinars are scheduled as follows and are being presented by leading thought contributors to the COVID-19 Resource Channel, recently launched by SGIA in collaboration with NAPCO Media, PIA and PIA affiliates to help serve the industry during this unprecedented time.
Future webinar dates: (Session and registration details will be announced soon).
- Monday, May 11, 2 pm (EST): Presented by Andy Paparozzi, Chief Economist at the SGIA.
- Friday, May 29, 2 pm (EST): Special Print Service Provider Webinar.
- Monday, June 8, 2 pm (EST): Presented by Adriane Harrison, VP of Human Relations at the PIA.
- Monday, June 22, 2 pm (EST): Presented by Marci Kinter, VP of Government Affairs at the SGIA, and Gary Jones, Director of Environmental, Health and Safety Affairs at the SGIA.