X-Rite and Pantone, global leaders in colour science and technology, have announced that their Color Theory eLearning Course is available free for a limited time only. In an effort to support the growing number of remote workers who must review and approve colour, the on-demand training explains the basics of colour theory, colour tolerances and sharing digital colour standards. In addition, X-Rite is hosting a series of colour-management webinars designed to help attendees optimize their use of colour measurement hardware and software.
“Due to COVID-19, many workers are now trying to design, specify, communicate, and ultimately achieve accurate colour from remote locations, or with less staff and fewer resources,” said Ondrej Kruk, President of X-Rite. “To do this, you need to understand colour theory, communication and measurement. By making our eLearning course available at no charge, professionals in the plastics, textiles, paints & coatings, and print and packaging industries can learn tips and best practices for colour management, and keep production workflows moving forward during these challenging times.”
Free eLearning courses
Taught by X-Rite colour-management experts, these eLearning courses are both engaging and interactive. They include:
- Colour Theory: Understanding the Numbers of Colour. Free for a limited time, this six-module, on-demand training course explains the basics of colour theory and how to communicate both colour and colour differences. It covers the physics of colour, the role of lighting, spectrophotometers and colour data, how to view colour, and much more. This self-paced online course is available in 10 different languages – English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. In addition, attendees receive an X-Rite certificate upon completion of the course.
- Display Profiling. You need to start with accurate colour to produce accurate colour. This free eLearning course explains how to calibrate and profile your monitor so you can make accurate colour decisions every time.
Free webinars in May
Led by X-Rite Colour Management Experts, these webinars, all held at 10 am Eastern Standard Time, range in length from 10 minutes to 60 minutes and highlight how manufacturers and remote workers can maximize colour management technology. Topics will include:
- TUESDAY, MAY 12: How to Scan Materials for 3D Rendering and Visualization. You can speed up approval processes using X-Rite’s virtual material service to scan your materials for colour, texture, gloss and other surface appearance characteristics – and then turn them into an Appearance Exchange Format (AxF) file for use in 3D or rendering software.
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 13: An Introduction to the ColorCert Suite. In this four-part series, attendees will learn how to simplify colour communication between brands and print suppliers, in order to better manage precise colour and print specifications.
- THURSDAY, MAY 14: Dominant Texture Measurements. This involves a demonstration on how quality control software used in conjunction with a multi-angle instrument, can measure and digitally communicate colour, sparkle and coarseness.
The complete list of webinars and registration information is available at https://www.xrite.com/learning-color-education/webinars.