Keypoint Intelligence has launched another timely study. The research presented in CMYK Plus: Commercial Printing Demand, Needs and Opportunity Assessment, defines the market demand for services that go beyond CMYK process colour – including white ink, neon colours, metallic inks, spot colour capabilities and colours for security printing. “Print service providers need to differentiate more than ever,” said Riley McNulty, Group Director at Keypoint Intelligence. “Vendors have increased their product offerings to enable printers with capabilities that go beyond CMYK. This study will answer key questions around the demand of CMYK Plus capabilities and how much value it provides for both print service providers and end customers.” The new multi-client study explores the demand and need for going beyond CMYK through extensive research with print service providers in the U.S., UK, France, Germany, Benelux and Nordic countries. Study objectives include:
- Measuring the importance of providing CMYK Plus capabilities to business customers who purchase printing services
- Identifying “must have” capabilities by application and type of effect.
- Explaining the primary challenges related to selling CMYK Plus services to end customers.
- Determining the current incidence of providing these services.
- Examining print service providers’ purchase intentions and demand drivers.
- Identifying core areas of objection among non-adoptions.
Participation methodology includes a web-based survey of 115 respondents in the U.S., and a computer-aided telephone survey to 115 respondents from the UK, France, Germany, Benelux and Nordic countries. Research leverages Keypoint Intelligence’s prior quantitative and qualitative research, as well as discussions with key industry stakeholders.