Epson America has expanded its digital label press repertoire with the introduction of the SurePress L-4533AW, set to be released later this year. Delivering high-quality labels and packaging at a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), the easy-to-operate seven-colour inkjet label press is built for reliable, high-quality performance – “making short-run label printing with accurate colour reproduction on a wide variety of substrates easy for label converters and commercial printers,” said the OEM. The L-4533AW has also undergone significant developments to meet the growing demand for faster turnaround times, with longer automated printing times, email alerts and minimal maintenance. “We wanted to build on the widespread success of the SurePress L-4033 series with a new product to meet the growing label and flexible packaging market demand for shorter runs and faster turnaround times,” said Victor Gomez, Group Product Manager for Label Products at Epson America. “The L4533 keeps the water-based resin inks, the expanded gamut and high resolution of its predecessor, and it offers enhanced automation features for even greater efficiency and unattended operation.”
Designed to improve productivity and increase efficiency, the L-4533AW offers advanced automated printing features, including up to eight hours of unattended printing, email alerts and minimal manual cleaning. Offering exceptional reliability with all components built by Epson (including the ink, printhead and controller), the L-4533AW features versatile substrate support and prints on off-the-shelf materials from 3.15 inches up to 13-inches wide, and as thin as .00314-inches. It also includes processing improvements for variable data processing (VDP), such as standard paper to thin films, metallic and laminated pouch materials. The seven-ink digital label press, with variable drop size starting at three picolitres, also includes a new, larger ink drop size ideal for large solid colour backgrounds found on packaging. In addition, Epson offers a pre-installation site survey, operational training, and RIP workflow training and software with the L-4533AW.
Additional features include:
- High-quality labels. Epson MicroPiezo inkjet technology and a wide colour gamut deliver colour matching and gradients required for branded prime labels and packaging.
- Ease of operation. Automated printing allows a single operator to run multiple units at one time.
- Remarkable reliability. All components are manufactured by Epson and are supported by Epson service.
- Low-cost turnkey solution. Training, workflow software and operational support are included.
- Competitive TCO. Automated printing, competitive ink price and minimal consumables.
- Versatile substrate support. Prints on off-the-shelf flexo PS label materials – including uncoated, gloss and semi-gloss papers, film and vinyl, supported or unsupported media.
- Versatile data support. An ideal solution for text, barcode and image serialization.
- Industrial-quality inks. Seven-colour ink set (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, Green and White) and durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion, produce a wide range of colours, and deliver water resistance and abrasion resistance on most substrates.