Label Resources (Langley, BC), a high-capacity label-printing specialist with full-colour flexographic and digital printing capabilities, has installed a new Domino N610i 7-colour digital UV inkjet label press. Since 1994, the company has been providing state-of-the-art label printing services to its customer base across Canada and the U.S. That includes firms involved in nutraceuticals, food and beverage, liquor, personal care, industrial applications, pharmaceuticals and many more sectors. The purchase was made last summer at the same time that the company moved into a new production facility.
“The entire implementation process from Domino was really made easy – not just for myself, but more importantly for my operators,” said Label Resources’ President Jerry Marincelj. I started the company out of my garage 24 years ago. We recently moved from our old facility in Surrey, BC to a new facility here in Langley, running full-colour labels. Our state-of-the-art facility includes a clean room and a comfortable working environment. Most of our customers are repeat customers for two simple reasons – quality and service.”
Huge growth in sales and production. “In order to keep up with customers’ demands, we recently acquired a new Domino N610i 7-colour digital press. It’s capable of achieving over 90% of the Pantone gamut and it’s fast,” Marincelj pointed out. “In fact, we’re currently printing at more than twice the speed of what we experienced with our previous digital press. We currently operate two shifts out of this facility and we have to – especially on the finishing equipment – keep up with the productivity of the Domino. In our first full month of production we’ve experienced an almost 40% growth in both new sales and actual production. Our big driver for selecting Domino was the fact that it’s a long-term, proven technology. To be able to deliver in some cases overnight, and to have the ability to react to customers’ needs more efficiently than our competitors – that, ultimately, will help us to retain and grow our business.”
Label Resources’ Digital Production Specialist Jeff De Leon added: “I have a graphics background and this is the first press that I’ve operated. This press is great for short runs and long runs. With short runs, we don’t have to change plates – we just load the file and print. And with longer runs, it operates much faster.”
A new video. Domino (Gurnee, IL) has created a new 3 ½-minute video that highlights Label Resources and its recent acquisition. Please click on the following link: VIDEO: Label Resources – Domino N610i digital UV inkjet label press. For more information on Label Resources, please visit labelresources.com. To learn more about Domino and its products, please click here: Domino.
About the Domino N610i 7-colour digital UV inkjet label press. The N610i from Domino combines the productivity of flexo with versatility of digital. With up to 7 colours (CMYKOV+W), the digital UV inkjet press features several production and print quality benefits including:
- Print speeds up to 246 fpm (example: print over one million 3” x 3” labels in just over 5 hours – which is double the speed of most colour digital printers and print systems, said the OEM).
- A high resolution of 600 x 600 dpi and the ability to print at 600 x 1,200 dpi. The higher native resolution means that smaller drops can be printed (as small as 6 picolitres) in order to create finer details for images, even with small-point-size text.
- Imaging width of 13.11 inches and media width up to 13.4 inches.
- Achieves over 90% of the Pantone range, plus white has opacity of over 70%.
- Vibrant UV-curable inks are designed for a range of industry-standard, self-adhesive label stocks – including coated paper, polypropylene and polyethylene.
- Applications include food and beverage, pharmaceutical, industrial, security, automotive, health and safety, consumer goods, personal care and more.
- Its jumbo unwind system with automatic lift allows operators to get rolls of stock on and off the press quickly (up to 39-inch-diameter rolls of stock). This results in fewer roll changes, maximizing efficiency. There’s also an option for inline finishing.
- The UV-ink-only pricing model eliminates many steps, labour and material costs in the production process.
- Eliminates platemaking, sticky back tape, plate mounting and plate inventory.
- Powered by EskoArtwork for fast and easy prepress processing, users simply digitize and print.
- Print Queue technology allows users to go from job to job to job, thus reducing downtime.
- No stoppage is required for image changes. Users can change SKUs, colours and designs on the fly.
- Web cleaning, web steering and corona treating maximizes print quality.
Its Kyocera printheads are faster than other inkjet piezo printheads.
- Superior rendering of small font sizes, 2D codes and image detail on a wide range of substrates.
- No on-press colour variations provide consistency from job to job.
- Limited operator intervention – the N610i has the same best-in-class iTech attributes of CleanCap, ActiFlow, and StitchLink.
- Lower cost of ownership than many other digital label printers.
About Domino. Domino is a leading manufacturer and distributor of digital printing and product identification solutions. Celebrating its 40th year in business, the OEM is a global organization with world headquarters in the UK, and North American headquarters in Gurnee, Illinois. Domino has 25 subsidiaries, representation in over 120 countries, and over 2,500 employees worldwide.