HP’s latest wide-format device is the HP Latex R2000 Printer that the OEM has characterized as “the first hybrid solution for rigid and flexible sign and display printing in one device.” HP announced its new Rigid Technology at the ISA Sign Expo in March, highlighting how customers “will now be able to expand their services into new, high-value applications while also opening fresh creative ideas and concepts for sign and display. The first printer in HP’s R Series made its world debut at the 2018 FESPA Global Print Expo in Berlin May 15-18, Europe’s largest exhibition for screen and digital wide-format print, textile printing and signage. The printers should be commercially available beginning next month, however, availability will vary depending on your region.
“Anyone who tracks this industry knows today is a major milestone in printing as we unveil the HP Latex R2000 Printer,” said J. Pérez Pericot, General Manager of HP’s Large Format Graphics Business. “HP developed this breakthrough technology based on print service providers’ continued requests for an HP Latex printer to print on both rigid and flexible materials using our water-based inks. This introduction is another step forward in how HP creates the best experiences for our customers, continually reinventing the possibilities of print.” Coupled with HP Latex White Ink “delivering the glossiest white on transparent and coloured media,” applications such as include retail, outdoor signage, window graphics, events and exhibitions, decoration and car wrapping are now possible.
Performance specs include:
- Up to 88 sq.m./hr. (947 sq.ft./hr.) with continuous loading
- High accuracy belt system and productive workflow with 14 automatic and independent chambers
- Reliable and flexible printing on up to 100 kg rolls
- HP Latex Inks that achieve vibrant colour gamut on rigid media while preserving media gloss and feel
- Odourless prints
- Durable and flexible water-based inks for high adhesion and scratch resistance with a new HP Latex Overcoat
- Lower temperatures allowing wider media versatility
- Automatic maintenance, smart vacuum and easy loading
- Productivity enhanced with HP Smart Services