An executive summary of recent Keypoint Intelligence – InfoTrends research identifies opportunities for printers to expand into adjacent markets. Looking for BIG Opportunity in Graphic Communications & Specialty Printing, was produced by the International Sign Association and sponsored by EFI. Keypoint Intelligence – InfoTrends recently surveyed more than 300 companies, including commercial printers, sign shops, digital print specialists, screen printers and ad specialty providers. The new executive summary highlights the key findings from the research and identifies five important takeaways:
- Sign and display graphics is a growth market. Survey respondents anticipate wide-format print volumes will grow 31% annually.
- There’s an increasing demand for a short turnaround, even with wide-format jobs that have a long sales cycle. Print buyers want to see the effects of campaigns and will change out signage more frequently.
- Top applications vary by technology. Respondents identified banners, vehicle graphics, signs and wallpaper/interiors as their most profitable applications.
- The most commonly used flexible media types varied by company.
- Workflow creates an untapped opportunity, as respondents say they’ve not yet invested in workflow tools to improve inefficiencies and automation.
The executive summary also makes recommendations for companies that are considering expanding into adjacent areas. Looking for BIG Opportunity in Graphic Communications & Specialty Printing is available for free for ISA and Affiliated Association members. Non-members may purchase the report for $24.95 (USD) at https://www.signs.org/business-resources/printing.