Mutoh America has unveiled two new 64-inch, eco-solvent printers – the XpertJet 1641SR and XpertJet 1682SR. The latest additions to Mutoh’s line of wide-format printers, paired with Mutoh’s new MS41 Eco-Solvent ink, provides improved usability and reduces operational workload “which will ensure high-quality prints, high production output and user-friendly operation,” said the OEM. The XpertJet 1682SR has a staggered dual-head design that provides ultra-fast print speeds, and smooth gradient reproduction that’s available in both 4-colour (CMYK) and 7-colour (CMYK, Lc,Lm,Lk,) ink configurations. The XpertJet 1641SR is a single-head, 4-colour (CMYK) printer. Both deliver” superior print quality at an affordable price.” Mutoh’s XpertJet platform in cludes new features specifically designed to enhance the user’s experience, workflow and output quality, and “will be a favourite among users looking to output various types of wraps, fine art, banners, decals, posters and indoor/outdoor signage.”
New features of the XpertJet 1641SR and XpertJet 1682SR include:
• Cover Design – sleek, black modern design with easy maintenance access.
• Automatic Bi-Directional Alignment with built-in colour sensor saves time by automatically calibrating printer alignments, increasing ease of use.
• Touch Panel – user-friendly touch panel that only displays keys necessary for desired functions.
• Internal LED lighting – illuminates work area to easily monitor print status.
• LED warning indicators – for each ink cartridge slot, showing remaining ink levels.
• Mutoh Status Monitor (MSM) – check’s the printer’s operation status in real time. MSM mobile provides monitoring with a smartphone or tablet.
• New Media Feed Flange Design – allows operators to easily and quickly load media and exchange multiple rolls when the flanges have been mounted in advance.
• New Pressure Roller System – allows operators to manually select and engage individual pressure rollers to prevent delicate media from binding or warping.
The XpertJet 1641SR and1682SR are available now for pre-order through an authorized Mutoh re-seller, and will start shipping this month.